• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics PTRD vs. Tiger at long distance?

ibediscore

Jul 8, 2008
Hi,

i know there are some PTRD threads and also viedos on youtube how to use the PTRD.
So i know how to kill the Tiger with the PTRD in two hits from the side (shot above the fourth wheel).
But i found out it only works when the Tiger is very close (max. 50 meters or so). When there is some distance to the Tiger i cant damage it or even blow it up with any shot, even if i hit the weak spots.
I tried this in the trainings-map mormrange, and also in Arad i never damage Tigers that are far away.

This is only a problem with Tigers. Panther and other Tanks can be hit just as well at longer distance if I hit the right spot.

Anyone knows if the Tiger can be damaged at longer distance?

ibedi

its not that difficult...if i pick PTRD realy try to concentrate on the tank, that means i go for the place where i can hit the tank right... if i know the angle is bad and i wont damage the tank i dont lie down...and once i reached a good spot i dont shot infantrie even if i could cause then they see and kill me...
there are not many ptrd and they should not be wasted for shoting inf

Upvote 0