• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PTRD vs Civilian armored vehicles?

chuy

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Jalisco, Guadalajara, M
As I was walking across campus in my college, I saw an armored vehicle stationed next to an office of the college. I believe it was one of those bank vehicles. I think it was Brinks. Anyways, I am an Anti-tank addict and seeing this armored vehicle I said to myself "au contraire" :p So what would the PTRD do to the modern civilian armored/valuables vehicles-if someone is crazy enough to engage these vehicles. And we are talking about <100m range so it probably is more than 40mm-but again, it is modern armor. Can someone enlighten me on this topic? Disabling the vehicle would be near impossible because they have dual rear wheels combined with the ability to still flee with flat tires.

Last edited:
I seem to vaguely recall a film where a gang of bank robbers tried to use a 20mm AT rifle or something to get thru a vault or armoured truck door.

i remember a story from iraq, where some american soldiers were sitting in some apc and got shot at by a ptrd and 3 guys in a row lost their legs.

wow interesting stories. Hopefully you guys can provide me the sources. I really want to learn the wide range the PTRD can be used for-instead of the typical tank, MG nest, bunker etc.

Upvote 0