• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console PSA: Xbox Multiplayer/ Matching Issues Solved

The investigation is ongoing. Sadly no new information is available to pass along. Part of this investigation requires the help of external partners who had the holiday and weekend off, which has slowed down our ability to diagnose what is happening here.

We expect more progress to be made today as those partners should be back in office.

First, you could have wrote this on Friday yourself and told us this. Second, the issues started on Thursday not Friday, you didn't even acknowledge that an entire console can't play until Friday.

Sounds like your external partner is giving you some bad service as well. I guess that's the theme? I'll give you a tip: people like communication. Even if it's bad information, it at least allows people to set their expectations. Maybe something like this:

"We're on vacation and not really working, neither are our partners who run our authentication server (they are also in Kazakhstan). Sorry! We will start looking at this issue on Monday morning first thing (Pacific time though, so you Eastern time zone people just need to chill). Until then, go do something else. We know this is not what you wanted to hear, but hey, at least we're being honest!"

Reactions: Nekasrofeht
Upvote 0
First, you could have wrote this on Friday yourself and told us this. Second, the issues started on Thursday not Friday, you didn't even acknowledge that an entire console can't play until Friday.

Sounds like your external partner is giving you some bad service as well. I guess that's the theme? I'll give you a tip: people like communication. Even if it's bad information, it at least allows people to set their expectations. Maybe something like this:

"We're on vacation and not really working, neither are our partners who run our authentication server (they are also in Kazakhstan). Sorry! We will start looking at this issue on Monday morning first thing (Pacific time though, so you Eastern time zone people just need to chill). Until then, go do something else. We know this is not what you wanted to hear, but hey, at least we're being honest!"
We understand your frustration, but not all that information was available on Friday. As we became aware of the issues early our Friday (EST) we started to investigate on our end and reach out to partners to coordinate further investigation if the problem was not obvious. Sadly the problem proved to be not obvious and has required much deeper dives into networking to try and determine what is happening (or more specifically, what is not, and where along the chain). This went on into the weekend, and currently we are waiting to hear back from our partners at Microsoft as the investigation down this chain continues.

Upvote 0
We understand your frustration, but not all that information was available on Friday. As we became aware of the issues early our Friday (EST) we started to investigate on our end and reach out to partners to coordinate further investigation if the problem was not obvious. Sadly the problem proved to be not obvious and has required much deeper dives into networking to try and determine what is happening (or more specifically, what is not, and where along the chain). This went on into the weekend, and currently we are waiting to hear back from our partners at Microsoft as the investigation down this chain continues.
I just want to say I’ve been playing this awesome game now for a little over 3 years and I completely understand there’s going to be issues and what not. I just want you guys to know that not all of us took up pitchforks and torches lol. I’m happy that you guys do a pretty dang good job of supporting this game with new content on what is probably a nonexistent budget! Take your time fix the server issue and know that I will be waiting to drop some zeds when it’s back up!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the update Yoshiro, it's much appreciated. I have faith we can all return to zed shredding duty soon.

Reactions: Poot monster
Upvote 0
Hello Mercs,
We are aware of an issue Xbox players are experiencing preventing them from creating online lobbies or matchmake into Killing Floor 2 matches. We are working with our partners to identify a cause and resolution.

This thread will be used to communicate updates in the situation as we move forward.
Thank you for your patience.

Monday Morning Update:
The investigation is ongoing. Sadly no new information is available to pass along. Part of this investigation requires the help of external partners who had the holiday and weekend off, which has slowed down our ability to diagnose what is happening here.

We expect more progress to be made today as those partners should be back in office.

Monday evening update:

The cause of the issue has been found we believe and users should now be able to find matches again.
GEEZ you could have said that Wednesday night when it was out. People are more understanding when they arent mislead. I was under the impressions you guys were working day and night to figure it out. Then come monday oh yeah no one has worked on it.

if you said there was gonna be no work done till monday Id understand and wouldnt be checking a few times daily. Need to improve your communication

Upvote 0
"Going to be issues and what not", "non existent budget", "take your time to fix the server issue" Just wow 😐
Well this isn’t the first time there have been issues. And honestly what kind of budget do you think these guys are working with? Half of them probably eat Raman on the daily 😂 my point is a couple of days really isn’t an issue. I know we live in a world where everything is instant gratification but yo I grew up in the 90’s with dial up internet and I served in the military as an infantryman. I have patience so don’t give me your teenage snarky ness lol . everyone was screaming at the sky. All I was doing was merely remaining calm and being kind. Y’all are wild now at days 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Italian1512
Upvote 0
Well this isn’t the first time there have been issues. And honestly what kind of budget do you think these guys are working with? Half of them probably eat Raman on the daily 😂 my point is a couple of days really isn’t an issue. I know we live in a world where everything is instant gratification but yo I grew up in the 90’s with dial up internet and I served in the military as an infantryman. I have patience so don’t give me your teenage snarky ness lol . everyone was screaming at the sky. All I was doing was merely remaining calm and being kind. Y’all are wild now at days 😂

Upvote 0