• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console PSA: Known Console Crash and matchmaking issue (with workarounds)

We very much care. However we have had trouble reproducing this issue in testing using the exact settings and loadouts reported by players in the wild. This has kept us from catching the issue in a debugger and thus figuring out exactly what is happening. Without knowing that information any attempt to fix will be what is called a "blind fix" and may or may not work, and may make things worse.
Is it better to report it here or as a individual ticket? Thank you for always being patient with us and working around the clock. Know your all doing your best to make this game great. On to the bug...
On PS4, When selecting any purchased DLC weapon skins it crashes 5-25 seconds latter. Starting with the Mosin-Nagant, Glocks, Blunderbuus, Riot Shield+Glock, and KaBoom stick. Now it's interesting I bought the Mosin, Riot Shield+Glock, and Ion thruster altogether several months back and I can choose skins for the Ion Thruster without crashing. However, as soon as I select the RS+G or Mosin skins it happens. Figured a bug that you would work out at some point, no big deal; using them and enjoying the game is the biggest which I can do =). I've noticed that now the Blunder, KaBoom, and duel Glocks it also does the same. I just recently purchased a Neon MKVI skin pack and headshot FX bundle 2. I can select the 4 different head poppers w/out issue but cannot select any of the 8 MKVI skins w/out crashing. I know your plowing through data trying to figure this out. Appreciate your efforts and cant wait for the new DLC!!! Thanks again

Upvote 0
We very much care. However we have had trouble reproducing this issue in testing using the exact settings and loadouts reported by players in the wild. This has kept us from catching the issue in a debugger and thus figuring out exactly what is happening. Without knowing that information any attempt to fix will be what is called a "blind fix" and may or may not work, and may make things worse.

I've followed the link here from a post about not leveling up and dailies and no dosh etc to here expecting an up date on that issue. But this thread seems to be from Oct 2019 about gear crashes. Where is an update about dailies, dosh and xp please.

Upvote 0
I also recently bought the Neon MKVI weapon skin pack on the PS4 and I crash whenever I equip specific weapon skins. Hopefully you can find something of use from my observations:

It seems like the more recently released weapons (Cyber Revolt update and after) have caused me to crash: Helios Rifle, Killerwatt, Seal Squeal, Hemoclobber and VLAD-1000 Nailgun. Both skin types causes crashes (Neon RGB and Neon). I have not experienced any crashes with the remaining skins equipped.

After equipping the above skins, I am able to switch between some menu screens without ever crashing: Vault, Inventory, Store and Options.
I only experience crashes from the Home and Gear menus.
Gear menu: I either crash instantly when entering the Gear menu or if I do make it in, I crash instantly as I try to leave to Perks or Vault.
Home menu: I am able to switch to this menu without crashing, But when I try to leave this menu then I instantly crash. It also crashes on the loading screen when I select Find A Match, Create A Match, Play Solo Offline or Basic Training.

Upvote 0
I have the Gold Horzine Helmet and Armor on PC Bob Briar, can't even boot up the game. When I press x to login; it will crash without fail, saying error code CE-34878-0. I have purchased the following DLC; Mrs. Foster, London Bobby Briar bundle on Classic Briar, Cardboard Knight bundle on Donovan Neal. The only weapon skins I have are the Dosh vault precious varients; which are from the Dosh vault crates, (go figure) and all the weekly gear from your events.

Upvote 0
UPDATE: Downloaded Content
I purchased the Steampunk bundle and have it equipped on Ana Larive; Reverend Alberts and Oiston Jagerhorn. Going to delete and reinstall the game and rebuild database. Hopefully that fixes the CE-34878-0 error I am getting.
UPDATE FOR PREVIOUS POST:
I have reinstalled the game and rebuilt the database, nothing seems to work even with fresh saved data. I had to delete my old save data because it corrupted; so I lost my progress. It always crashes when it says press X to login, the icon will spin for two times and crash saying CE-34878-0. It all started to happen when I logged in to my brothers account(OniichanBrotaku-) on my new PS4, which he has many character and gun skins purchased; his progress was at 0 for all classes but it slowly loaded his DLC. This is really unfortunate, as the game is really fun and money was payed for bugged DLC. Further instruction on how to fix the login bug on my Playstation account will be much appreciated as his account works just fine, I don't feel like backing up all my data and reinitialize my PS4 Software just for one game.

Upvote 0
UPDATE FOR PREVIOUS POST:
I have reinstalled the game and rebuilt the database, nothing seems to work even with fresh saved data. I had to delete my old save data because it corrupted; so I lost my progress. It always crashes when it says press X to login, the icon will spin for two times and crash saying CE-34878-0. It all started to happen when I logged in to my brothers account(OniichanBrotaku-) on my new PS4, which he has many character and gun skins purchased; his progress was at 0 for all classes but it slowly loaded his DLC. This is really unfortunate, as the game is really fun and money was payed for bugged DLC. Further instruction on how to fix the login bug on my Playstation account will be much appreciated as his account works just fine, I don't feel like backing up all my data and reinitialize my PS4 Software just for one game.
I recommend reaching out to support. The original topic of this thread was for a specific crash due to specific cosmetics/ characters being used. It was fixed. What you are experiencing sound like something different and should get better visibility through support.

Upvote 0
I have a question, why does this game keep crashing on PS5 and PS4, my step son can't even play online because it crashes everytime, he can play solo but once he connects online its like a big FU you aint playing online. ????

Also my PS5 is also having issues, I'll be able to play a few waves the it decides to also give me the big FU, you ain't playing either, why is this happening?

Iv done system rebuild, clear cache, reinstalled, transfered to other drive.
What else can be done??

Cant you guys figure this sh it out? is there a memory leak in the cosmetics?

Upvote 0