• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PSA: Join button does not appear to be functional for EGS players

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Update: Current Status - August 9th
    We are in process of testing a possible fix candidate for the main connection issues, if all goes well and hold we hope to deploy something as early as the end of this week should no additional concerns emerge. Will keep you posted if anything emerges and needs to be reevaluated or pushed back

Original Post
    We are looking into reports that the "Join" and "Find a Game" button has appeared to have stopped working for EGS players. This thread will be updated as we know more.

Last edited:
    I have same problem like above. Yesterday I've got a lot of luck, cuz played 2 matches without issuess, but today I lost 3h to join any server. Even creating a new one doesn't work (says that I lost connection with host). Join/Spectate button doesn't work, sometimes it gives me error "Couldn't connect to server" or something like that. I think that is only bug with EGS version, cuz my friends from Steam can play without any problems.

Upvote 0
    My friends and I are all in love with the game, we've already sunk at least a dozen hours in the game in the past two days.
    Unfortunately the overwhelming majority of that time has been spent searching for an online game and waiting. On the off chance that we do get into a game after a few hours of searching we'll invite eachother and play until disconnected, and then its not worth it to try to get into another game. I really wish it wasn't so difficult to get in and just play the game, because the game itself is amazing.

Upvote 0
    pretty sure , my 2 friends recently claim kf2 in EGS , but they cant seems play together. they can't even join any of the server in the server browser.
    i'll try with cross platfrom to creating a party. so the invite are works thru steam and egs (my friend)
    but when the party join some server , they just got disconnected automatically and i got in.

seems egs version kf2 need some fixes?

Upvote 0
    We are still continuing to work with our partners to try and determine what is happening here. Sadly we do not have any further news or update to pass along at this time.
    I know is not the exact same issue but last time the Epic Games Store version of KF2 had join server problems you guys fixed by restarting one of the backend service, could doing that again solve this new problem?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    EGS client. When clicking 'Join' these messages appear in log:

Bash:
    [0299.87] ScriptLog: ProcessJoin called!
    [0300.68] Log: Display Name Updated
    [0301.44] ScriptLog: OnQueryAdditionalServerInfoComplete with success 0 and lobbyID  and server IP  and port 0
    [0301.44] ScriptWarning: Failed to connect to server for some reason
        KFGFxServerBrowser_ServerList kfmainmenu.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.KFPlayerController_0.KFGFxMoviePlayer_Manager_0.KFGFxServerBrowser_ServerList_0
        Function KFGame.KFGFxServerBrowser_ServerList:OnQueryAdditionalServerInfoComplete:0128

Reactions: aqyuh
    Upvote 0