• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Protect the area 3v3

POPPIN

Mar 14, 2019
For a new mode , if even possible, to add a bit off flare to the game, before BACK 4 BLOOD comes out with all there hush hush modes,imagine overgrowth in halo 5 playing strongholds, so what I propose is that it would be so much fun if there was two teams off 3 or 4 against eachother, were you had to capture their area for a certain amount off time to gain points, but not as easy as would be in halo 5 , were you just have to worry about the other team interuptinin your take over on the area, you also will be worry off the zeds also coming into the capture area, and the shooting off your weapons will alert the other team off your location, you can kill the other team obviously, so when the waves continue to get harder also the pod for you to get new weapons will also prove a great issue to upgrade as the other team can kill you when upgrading as would be good to only have one pod in the middle, so a auto refill off weapons would maybe prove best as it's fast to do, zones can be captured when the gun pod is active so some one will need to guard your area from been taken over, so team work is a must and you actually might have to use the mic for once when playing this game, as I actually never have needed to yet,

My other game mode would have to be two small teams against eachother again but only capture the flag, only the flags tend to attract the zeds like wild fire, the flags can be used as a powerful melee weapon, if the flag gets drops the zeds protect it untill it's respawns back to the other teams base, neutral flag may work better for this?

I know I would play the game more with great modes

Just don't write this idea off, think and imagine the possibilities off great gameplay​

Dr. Lethal;n2330327 said:
I don't think PvP is good for this game. They tried it with Survival Versus, but that mode was so imbalanced that no one plays it anymore, and TW doesn't seem to care for it.

Maybe there versus mode would have worked better if they actually used AI like in left4dead2, there versus mode works a charm, this game when playing online badly needs AI team mates, and when someone joins they take the place off the AI, using AI team mates keeps modes and games going that not many people play anymore, I find it hard to get more than two people at times, and if the next map does not suit them they leave,love the game but it needs some tweaks , when the new Back 4 blood comes out it might destroy all games like this one,that why I'm saying keep the maps small and the teams small, and if the mode worked, people would come back, this game is just a one mode game and as new as I am too it, i am jumping back to lfd already for the change up it offers

Upvote 0
I doubt it will destroy anything as games at its core will be different.
Not to mention im really sceptical about their new game, considering what a major flop Evolve was... Even if its core had an interesting concept.

Also this game would not benefit from AI teammates at all, and here are the reasons.

1. They would be dumb, no way going around that.
Since the game features so many zeds with their own quirks and features, and weapons that have different uses depending on a loadout, there's no way to program them to account for everything, to have any critical thinking.
And don't compare this statement to l4d ai, as it also not that complex, as all it does is shoot at anything thats moving and heal wounded players. With zombies in that game barely having any depth of approach, that AI is sufficient enough to do the job.

2. It would make the game way more difficult than it should be.
Since:
A. Bots will count as players and wave will adjust to it in larger numbers
B. They would die quickly, leaving you with larger mess than you're be able to deal with.

Only reason that versus in l4d works, is because the game is at a slower pace than kf2, with more downtime than action.
Special infected having same attributes with only difference is that they can be player controlled.
While twi tried to go with alpha zeds that have extra abilities + the game itself set at higher diff, launching mobs fast and frequently, and that player zeds had more health and dealt more damage, made it quite one sided game... At this point idk why they didn't remove it from the game.

This one personal, but l4d2 is only surviving on its modding community, because at its vanilla state it doesn't have much to last for a few hundred hours.

Only way to continue having fun there is if you have friends to play it with, to play custom campaigns and mod hell out of the game to bring some kind of variety.

​​​​​​​​

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2330336 said:
I doubt it will destroy anything as games at its core will be different.
Not to mention im really sceptical about their new game, considering what a major flop Evolve was... Even if its core had an interesting concept.

Also this game would not benefit from AI teammates at all, and here are the reasons.

1. They would be dumb, no way going around that.
Since the game features so many zeds with their own quirks and features, and weapons that have different uses depending on a loadout, there's no way to program them to account for everything, to have any critical thinking.
And don't compare this statement to l4d ai, as it also not that complex, as all it does is shoot at anything thats moving and heal wounded players. With zombies in that game barely having any depth of approach, that AI is sufficient enough to do the job.

2. It would make the game way more difficult than it should be.
Since:
A. Bots will count as players and wave will adjust to it in larger numbers
B. They would die quickly, leaving you with larger mess than you're be able to deal with.

Only reason that versus in l4d works, is because the game is at a slower pace than kf2, with more downtime than action.
Special infected having same attributes with only difference is that they can be player controlled.
While twi tried to go with alpha zeds that have extra abilities + the game itself set at higher diff, launching mobs fast and frequently, and that player zeds had more health and dealt more damage, made it quite one sided game... At this point idk why they didn't remove it from the game.

This one personal, but l4d2 is only surviving on its modding community, because at its vanilla state it doesn't have much to last for a few hundred hours.

Only way to continue having fun there is if you have friends to play it with, to play custom campaigns and mod hell out of the game to bring some kind of variety.

​

Not to mention versus in this game was more advantageous to the mercs than the zeds, with lvl 25 being in a normal default setting for the game. Seriously, one example I can think of is that husk fireballs barely do any real damage, as well as suicide, while the flamethrower is that zed's bestt chance of doing anything. Not to mention players on the zed team have little chance of forming strategies that aren't 'zerg rush into the enemy'.

Upvote 0