• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Protect area missions - make objective clearer

EightySixxer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 17, 2020
While getting a flashing purple director and a glowing purple boundary are indeed very obvious, what doesn't seem obvious to many players is that you need to stand IN that area while you kill zed trying to get inside. Is there some way this could be reflected in either the message it announces, or maybe even harsher but do not allow anyone who doesn't stand in that zone to receive the bonus xp, dosh, and vosh?

While getting a flashing purple director and a glowing purple boundary are indeed very obvious, what doesn't seem obvious to many players is that you need to stand IN that area while you kill zed trying to get inside. Is there some way this could be reflected in either the message it announces, or maybe even harsher but do not allow anyone who doesn't stand in that zone to receive the bonus xp, dosh, and vosh?
Well, if you stand inside the area then the border will look purple. And if you're outside it will look red. However, there are some zones that are red if you stand inside them. The zone objective was harder than this in the old times, and I'm really fond of how they managed it afterwards

Upvote 0
Eh... I don't know. I don't consider myself pretty clever (I often miss obvious secrets for example) and yet I understood straight up what was asked.

As Humam pointed out, it also became way easier (and way less logical too) since you now have to stand in the zone to make it go up, rather than stand in the zone to avoid it going down (which would make more sense since you are "defending the zone")

I do fully agree that people not partaking in the slaughter shouldn't get the bonus. But then, you should probably apply it similarly to "assist XP", as in : you get the XP and dosh you deserve. If you killed two zeds, it wouldn't be fair to get NOTHING just because you stepped out of the zone. But you shouldn't get rewarded for the hard work your teammates did.

Upvote 0