• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Proper way to angle a Panzer IV?

Ranari said:
This is compared to T34/85's and IS2's deflecting Tiger/Panther guns left and right as long as you're correctly angled

Thats my point. The T-34/85 should not be deflecting any Panther or Tiger rounds because even at 1500 meters the 88mm KwK 36 L/56 on the Tiger is still capable of penetrating more than twice the hull armor of the T-34/85 (91mm at 1500 meters at 30 degrees). Its more than overkill its a bloody massacre (angling a T-34/85 against an 88mm would be a useless gesture) which would explain the pictures of fields and towns covered with hordes of T-34 wreckage and the combat reports. Even the longer barrled 75mm on the Panzer IV H was more than a match for the T-34/85. At 2000 meters it could penetrate 64mm of armor at 30 degrees. Keep in mind that the T-34/85 has only 45mm of hull armor. It was at shorter to medium ranges the T-34/85 had an advantage over the Panzer IV H. In a long range duel the Panzer IV H would usually come out the victor because of its high velocity gun and optics as well as superior frontal armor protection.

Ranari said:
The gun reloads so fast and has such a high muzzle velocity that it's easy to hit targets with. Its only drawback... just 20 rounds

Housing APCR and fast reloads is true for most German tanks although it is not realized in the game probably for game play reasons.:(

Ranari said:
Arad is notorious for this.

Yes, I agree that is due to the deflections being overmodeled especially for the T-34. Arad is way too small for my taste (cap areas are too close together) that and the insane klownkar with its satchels, the overpowered PTRD, and the Soviets having easy access to the fausts. The faust was not available to Soviets at all except in inconsequential and irrelevant numbers very late in the war in 1945 and I know the Germans would not leave such an important weapon laying around where it can easily be taken by enemies such as it is on Arad.

Karl Stiner said:
ALSO I LOVE TO SEE THIS PANZER 3

I believe that is a Panzer III Ausf. M with sideskirts. I would like to see an "M" or "L" with Sch

Upvote 0
The panzer 4 (particularly the H variety) is a very pesky tank to try and angle. I'm not sure i've even gotten the Ausf. H to angle properly at all (probably because it doesn't matter), but the F2 angles at just after 11 and 1 o' clock.

Personally I feel everyone should stop complaining, team up with someone, and learn to tank, because the combat is very skill dependent.

Upvote 0
panzer3n-1.jpg

Specifications
Panzer III Ausf N - Armed with a 75 mm L/24 gun. 700 re-equipped J/L/M models in 1942-1943.

Upvote 0
That barrel is too long and narrow to be a 75mm KwK 37 L/24.

(To the devs: What do you want me to pay cash or something so I can post without being censored? Why was I even banned without warning to begin with? Was it my Merry Christmas sig? Are you atheists or something?
The only thing you are accomplishing with your immature behavior is driving away a potential buyer of any future games that your company might make)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hate the Panzer IV. I always say its made of cardboard paper.
Last weeks when i have no other choise than this tank i prefer to go
search another server or go to play at the red side. Really a joke this tank.

Further all other tanks i do like very much. Every tank has
its profits. My nr 1 tank is the T34. Its fast. I like to go around and
hit a tiger or panther from aside or behind at close range.
I still find it enjoyable.

With the tiger i also get much joy. Like it to cap a village at Arad with this tank.
I prefer this tank above the panther.

And then the IS2. What a beast of a tank. When i drive this one its really
a tank to win a whole battle when you use it correctly. But for me its no
challenge.

I want to dance with a tank and therefor i love to take the T34.

Upvote 0