• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Proper pouches for the MKB42.

Thats a good suggestion!

However, MKB's should not be in the game....

AT ALL!!!!!

see the reality is that ro like ram said had all sorts of rare weapons that you'd never see. however no one complained but mkb42 is suddenly a big issue. the g41, mp41, ppsh variants, the list goes on. :) also the mp44 or mkb had a scope sure it was rare but why the hell not if your gonna add it might as well go all the way. as the mkb42 was rare as it was anyways.

also yes thats a detail that should be added sooner or later. maybe if they don't have time just stick with they textured however maybe first patch fix it. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
see the reality is that ro like ram said had all sorts of rare weapons that you'd never see. however no one complained but mkb42 is suddenly a big issue. the g41, mp41, ppsh variants, the list goes on. :) also the mp44 or mkb had a scope sure it was rare but why the hell not if your gonna add it might as well go all the way. as the mkb42 was rare as it was anyways.

also yes thats a detail that should be added sooner or later. maybe if they don't have time just stick with they textured however maybe first patch fix it. :D

Just to tell you, I bumped a 6 month old thread. So the comment you're responding to is quite old.

Upvote 0
Maybe they just put the Mkb42 mags in and the top part still sticks out. Will not fit perfectly but it will hold the mags tight enough.

It's a prototype so it wouldn't surprise me that they didn't even had the correct pouches yet, or they were of very poor quality so even MP40 pauches are preferred.

Just my 4 cents (yes double the usual!!!!)

Upvote 0
Good call on the pouches. Never knew they were diffirent from the Stg44 ones.

I never knew either. Well to be honest I've never heard of the gun until HOS.

Maybe the pouches of the MKB42 are not good and they made a new design for the STG with improvements? You never know

Hey if you're going to put a gun in the game (historically accurate or not) you might as well get all of the details right!

I couldn't agree more.

You guys didn't post any pictures of the back.

g_gear_Mkb_pch_orig_rear.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I couldn't agree more.

Speaking of which there's also this which people seemed to ignore:
http://www.atthefront.com/HR/g/gear_MP44_pouches.html

Note: All of these pouches hold the 30 rd. magazines for the Mkb42/MP43/MP44/StG 44/45 rifles. They all use the same magazines despite the weapons being renamed on what seemed to be a quarterly basis by the Germans. All pouches were used concurrently with one another- there was always a critical shortage of magazine pouches for these rifles and many troops never received them.

Mkb42 Pouches: The original magazine pouch for this family of rifles. Some references refer to this as "late War" item which is incorrect. This was the earliest style of pouch. The single flap proved to be inadequate as the corners tended to turn up, which allowed dirt to get into the magazines, and the magazines at either end often slipped out. I don't think these were manufactured after 1943- but this is a hypothesis only.

The Mkb42 pouches are the only type of pouches I can find in any photos pre-dating the summer of 1944. The few originals I have seen are, if marked at all, dated 1943. This style of pouch can be found in photos from late 1943 through the end of the War.

If you try to dig up photos from several different online sources and even offline sources it leans more and more towards the same conclusion, in other words they were relatively scarce and pretty tricky to even locate from original photos, especially with a pair of pouches at the same time.

Upvote 0
Thats one of the things I noticed in RO1 from the very first second - every weapon had the right pouches - even if they drop to the ground.

God I hate it when you see SMG/MP soldiers in movies/games and they always carry the K98 pouches - are they supposed to fold the magazines down to that clip size ? :D

I expect RO2 to keep that level of detail RO1 had ;)

Upvote 0