• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Propaganda level in game

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
You know that both sides used own propaganda materials like symbols, signs and etc. I want to ask about it. Many countries have nazi or other kinds of permissions which cant be showed to public.

Will be there historical banners with banned signs for example? Or units like NKVD, SS ... In short, how much propaganda level show us new RO game. I like truth in games.

You know that both sides used own propaganda materials like symbols, signs and etc. I want to ask about it. Many countries have nazi or other kinds of permissions which cant be showed to public.

Will be there historical banners with banned signs for example? Or units like NKVD, SS ... In short, how much propaganda level show us new RO game. I like truth in games.

i doubt the SS will show up, it will most likely be Wehrmacht. NKVD might show up on the Russian campaign (or is there only a German campaign?)

as for swastikas, its just a symbol, it means something different to everyone. but i dont think TWI wants to get involved with those kind of problems with the govt of less enlightened countries.

Upvote 0
I'm the same as you guys, I like to see realism in my games and think that the Swastika should be displayed, but it's probably more trouble than it's worth for Tripwire... God, Australia would probably BAN it... and a few other European countries too... if someone released a mod that changed banners and added swastikas you probably wouldnt be able to play on servers with it right? as your game would be altered and it may not be compatible?? I think there was a swastika mod for DOD once...

Upvote 0
The Mod had quite many posters, Russian or German propaganda. There were SS runes. The nice feature about the SS models was they had camo jackets, like spring and fall. They allowed you to move unseen through several kind of bushes.

The State law of many countries in Europe sees the swastika and the SS runes as offensive and therefore it's a crime to display them, examples for these countries are: France, Austria and (of course) Germany. Private persons in Germany f.ex. can be sentenced to up to 3 years of prison for showing off these things.

Call of Duty 2 had a cool feature on that. The US version displays all the German flags as Nazi Banners. The German and the French version show the German flags as Nazi banners with a Iron Cross instead. Both versions, the US and the censored ones, are compatible and you can play online on no matter what server. This is surely something that TWI can manage also.

Anyway I always liked (and still do) RO for its neutrality concerning the "evilisation" of one side. CoD and MoH are masters in displaying the Germans and the Japanese as brainless, evil, bloodthirsty inhumans who deserve nothing but death. I don't want to see a glorification of the Red Army in RO as the only heroes. They were both men. That's what RO always displayed. Keep this. :)

Upvote 0
How work the moral?

How work the moral?

How work the moral in RO 2?
How work the propaganda ?

Sowjet have NKVD during hte battle of Stalingrad...
Heer don t have political element look like the terrible SS...
SS weren t in Stalingrad...

How the moral will be reflected inside the game ?

IF a player is wounded baddly, can he surrender ??
There will be a link betwen moral and the fact to be wounded ?

Upvote 0
War crime is when you shoot noob. :rolleyes:

I dont think that fighting as SS or NKVD role is war crime or something like that. If SS soldier assaulting soviet position is it war crime? We dont talk about SS guards in prison camps or something like that deep in soviet union by NKVD guards. So stay cool and dont panic.

Upvote 0
to be more precise:

- I don't want to shoot unarmed soldiers neither as a German and particularly nor as a Russian. No heroes then!

- I don't want to see AI soldiers (no matter if Russian or German) shooting unarmed soldiers!

- I don't want to see German soldiers and neither Russian soldiers raping women or girls!

- I don't want to see me in the "duty" to rape women or girls either! (no matter if Russian or German)

- I don't want to see AI soldiers (no matter if Russian or German) shooting civilians

- I don't want to see torture scenes: neither soldiers nor civilians!

This belongs to Call of Duty and Medal of Honor Series! Not to Red Orchestra!

What could be added as atmospheric things are (dead!) Russians hanged by the NKVD as "Traitors to the Motherland!". But I don't want to take part in hanging them!

Concerning "shooting women" there's an exception to be made: If there are female RKKA soldiers in RO2 I don't see any problem to shoot them, as they have a threat to my life in their hands! They are the (armed) enemy just like Russian males then.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yup, I know. But I had to say it xD
I agreed, that stuff is only to add a "dramatic effect" masked in "realism" just to sell more.... cuz people likes heroic war movies.

But this iscompletely unnecesary in RO2, in my opinion. For sake of realism I only ask realistic body damage, animations and voices (I'm talking about drama stuff, no simulation aspect of the game)

Another thing.... the guy in teh second video es playing un the secret "super easy mode"? :s

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So you want a realistic ww2 game yet you can't (or don't want to?) accept the fact that the war itself was monstrous and such things happened all the time. By both sides.
And chances would be that if you were a soldier back then you would witness and/or participate in at least one atrocity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0