• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Prone "peak" ability.

Moody

Jun 19, 2010
I think it would be awesome if while prone, by pressing the cover button (for simplicity's sake), you character would push himself up using both of his arms (kinda like a push-up), and basically peak up above whatever cover or hill you are behind.

atm, being prone and crawling up a hill is an extreme bargain. You can crest the hill and find no enemies on the other side, or you can find an MG, and aggravatingly slowly try to crawl back down behind the hill hoping the MG won't kill you. But having this peak key, you would instead crawl to just before the crest of the hill, peak up without crawling above the crest, scan for enemies, and then plop back down. A pseudo-pushup is the best way to describe the action I'm thinking of. It's almost like a lean type feature, except your leaning upwards rather than to the side. It would be like peaking over cover when you're using the cover system, except you would be prone while you use it.

You obviously wouldn't be able to move or shoot while your peaking. It would take a new 3rd person animation, and first person animations as well, but I think it would be completely realistic, and add another new thing that sets RO2 apart from other games.

Edit:
Here's an image to further help illustrate my point. Just imagine that he wasn't mounting the MG on the barrel, and instead just trying to look over it.
Masterbox-Prone-German-Infantry-6.jpg

Last edited:
this would be awesome, in RO1 i am constantly prone and the going up to crouch and quickly back down to prone to get a peak of what lies ahead.

most of the time i dont die becuase people dont react to me fast enough, but having this feature would be awesome and definately add to the realism and set RO2 apart.

I WISH YOU WOULD HAVE BROUGHT THIS UP EARLIER, maybe this could be patched in at some time, although that be weird to add new mechanics with a patch, but im sure it would be accepted and utilized tremendesly

Reactions: fOgGy
Upvote 0