KF Project Santa

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

vealck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 19, 2009
Speed of the ice darts is just fine in my opinion.

The range at which cryo can be poured is actually surprisingly long, when you raise the gun and shoot at a ballistic trajectory. No need for changes here.

Siren's scream shattering frozen zeds sounds like a nice idea, and in a way it would be a kind of countermeasure, making corking the hallways with zeds a little harder to pull off. If a scream would also send a torrent of ice shards made from the frozen zeds towards the players and damage them, it would be a really interesting mechanic :)

Zeds shatter nicely from primary fire... with the exception of those killed by single headshot by a sharpshooter :D These still go into ragdoll with ice texture. I suppose it's some kind of issue with different damage types applied in certain order? If a crawler/stalker/clot is killed by a single headshot by any other class it shatters as it should.

Last edited:

poosh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
Non-sharpshooter's headshot just decapitates zed, leaving its body still "alive" and frozen. Sharpshooter with his damage bonus instantly kills zed, converting it to a ragdoll before it gets frozen.

forrestmark9

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 29, 2011
Well this is wierd, if you use the refs on the primary fire the sound will be the default crossbows but if you tell the secondary fire not to extend the crossbow fire the sounds work but the secondary fire will no longer work.

What kind of black magic is this?

poosh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
Well this is wierd, if you use the refs on the primary fire the sound will be the default crossbows but if you tell the secondary fire not to extend the crossbow fire the sounds work but the secondary fire will no longer work.

What kind of black magic is this?

I'm suggesting you to wait until release of ServerPerks version.

poosh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
Special, standalone version for ServerPerks:

Differences from vanilla version:
  • Requires ServerPerks v7 to run.
  • Dynamic asset preloading (e.g. MeshRef, SkinRefs etc.).
  • Doesn't require a mutator.
Pickup class to be added into ServerPerks.ini:
Code:
IJC_Project_Santa_SP.FreezerPickup

-=Ivan=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 27, 2009
Hey,

This is the first final release of the Freezer Gun. Feel free to install it on your servers! We will also release it in the workshop soon. I hope we can get it whitelisted in the next week, so you have something to play with till KF2 comes out :).

Last edited:

naksiloth

Dec 29, 2010
To be honest I'm amazed. This weapon is balanced and it's just like what I would like to see from a LMG weapon. Despite the weak damage and generous ammo pool, it's satisfying to use it as any perk (besides firebad).

Just a few things;
I want Commando to utilize its faster reload bonus with this weapon against big fellows (like Fleshpound). Just for "scientific reasons" ofc.
And Sirens being capable of hurting specimen caught in the ice with their screams.
I don't care if headshots stay with the frozen targets or not, but I prefer them to be removed (sharp already can feast upon 50% universal headshot damage bonus with this weapon) or make it so; head hitbox move to the dead center of the target when frozen.

Last edited:

Jack-Carver

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 28, 2009
To be honest I'm amazed. This weapon is balanced and it's just like what I would like to see from a LMG weapon. Despite the weak damage and generous ammo pool, it's satisfying to use it as any perk (besides firebad).

Just a few things;
I want Commando to utilize its faster reload bonus with this weapon against big fellows (like Fleshpound). Just for "scientific reasons" ofc.
And Sirens being capable of hurting specimen caught in the ice with their screams.
I don't care if headshots stay with the frozen targets or not, but I prefer them to be removed (sharp already can feast upon 50% universal headshot damage bonus with this weapon) or make it so; head hitbox move to the dead center of the target when frozen.

Thanks for your feedback! :)
I think the comando has the reload bonus for this gun?

Tefaan

Oct 24, 2012
Hey Jack,

are you already in contact with TWI? And how does that actually work? Will you have to send them your files, so that they can check the files or are they just going to put it on the whitelist?

Thanks in advance,

Tefaan

DMN666

Jun 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Hey Jack,

are you already in contact with TWI? And how does that actually work? Will you have to send them your files, so that they can check the files or are they just going to put it on the whitelist?

Thanks in advance,

Tefaan

The contacted TWI since the 1st day of this project.

They have to send the u file, how else will the game know what file is whitelisted.

Tefaan

Oct 24, 2012
The contacted TWI since the 1st day of this project.

They have to send the u file, how else will the game know what file is whitelisted.

That they will have to send some files was obvious. I just wanted to know whether they will check the mutator / files first or are they just going to "put it on the whitelist"?

poosh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
AFAIK packages already have been submitted for whitelisting.

@naksiloth:
Command has 35% reload speed bonus with ALL weapons, not only perked. So yes, it does reload Cryo gun faster.

naksiloth

Dec 29, 2010
AFAIK packages already have been submitted for whitelisting.

@naksiloth:
Command has 35% reload speed bonus with ALL weapons, not only perked. So yes, it does reload Cryo gun faster.

Good news.

On a small note I'm already aware of mando's mechanics. I mean freeze effect on Fleshpound should cease bit by bit and it should require (a non-mando) player to spend 1

Last edited:

vealck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 19, 2009
On a small note I'm already aware of mando's mechanics. I mean freeze effect on Fleshpound should cease bit by bit and it should require (a non-mando) player to spend 1

poosh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
I just released ScrN Balance v8.10 featuring the new perk: Horzine Technician, which specializes on using Cryo Mass Driver 14 and ZED Guns. And spawns with Cryo Grenades. It is probably OP, but so fun to play :p Check it out: