• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Project Reality mod for Ro:HoS

MEGADETHTHRETH

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Wouldn't this be so cool, Tripwire should contact blacksand studios to make a mod or expansion for Ro:Hos, they made the project reality mod for battlefield 2 and are making one for arma 2, imagine what they would do with red orchestra project reality, set in modern times of course. It would be unbelievable, they pay so much attention to detail and realism and I think they overlooked Red Orchestra to mod because they don't know much about it, In my opinion, they would make a hell of an expansion/mod. Who else agrees with me.

I hate to be such a downer, but I doubt this would ever materialize. People were worried that BSS would be overstretched by working on an ArmA II mod while still updating Project Reality. It didn't help when Project Reality: Vietnam wasn't an April Fool's joke. There are also plans to release a standalone game. So while I love Project Reality, I think they're pretty certain of their future plans.

Upvote 0
I hate to be such a downer, but I doubt this would ever materialize. People were worried that BSS would be overstretched by working on an ArmA II mod while still updating Project Reality. It didn't help when Project Reality: Vietnam wasn't an April Fool's joke....

yeah i wondered about this when vietnam was announced.
they don't want to spread their playerbase too thin.

and there is going to be a reality mod for HoS anyway - it's probably going to be in menu.

>relaxed realism - off<

Reactions: Derpus
Upvote 0
Great, the BS(bull poop)S could make like tons of unities and every weapon like it has the barrel broken.

Ah, and the maps would be very fun to play: Rush, defend, rush, defend, team is crap, go back 1 flag, rush, defend...

And they can call this the best realism mod ever! common, PR is the mother of all realism mods! WGL for OPF never existed! ACE Team? pff! AAS mode first appeared on PR! FH2 team was just joking...

Reactions: JohnnyRaygun
Upvote 0
Great, the BS(bull poop)S could make like tons of unities and every weapon like it has the barrel broken.

Ah, and the maps would be very fun to play: Rush, defend, rush, defend, team is crap, go back 1 flag, rush, defend...

And they can call this the best realism mod ever! common, PR is the mother of all realism mods! WGL for OPF never existed! ACE Team? pff! AAS mode first appeared on PR! FH2 team was just joking...

barely understandable, employing sarcasm that doesn't quite work - somewhat unreasonable, manic and laced with a hint of venom.

all told, an excellent rant-ette of a 1st post.

Upvote 0
I dunno man, I enjoy PR, but I'd rather it be separate. It's a totally different experience. I really don't want to see PR's "ballistics system" (basically just hold still and you get more accurate) in RO.

I wouldn't mind seeing PR's squad based gameplay come into RO more though...
There is a gameplay video of HoS in pre-alpha (or something close), and a similar feature is shown. You can aim, and then use controlled breathing to get a tighter shot. (Go to 2:00) YouTube - Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad Gameplay Walkthrough
Also seen here: YouTube - Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad - Gamescom 2009 Part 1/2

In another video, it shows the player as a Soviet and he is commanding his squad to walls for cover, clear rooms, etc.
You can see the command in the same video as the first one mentioned. It's in either part 1 or 2 though; I cannot remember which one.

Upvote 0