• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Progress Halting Bug in Truth Quest - Infamy Level 5

chrisd811

Sep 18, 2021
Hey team,

Xbox user here. Playing on Series X. I continued my progress from the base game where I have 100% completion in all areas and was level 30, into Truth Quest. In the DLC, everything seemed to be working fine. I hit level 40, killed all the Apex Predators along the way, and was progressing through my Infamy levels. All achievements popped as expected.

However, once I hit Infamy 5, Terranova appeared and began attacking me. It crashed the game a few times, but after 4 or 5 reloads, she attacked me and I successfully killed her. I received the reward for doing so in game, but no achievement for doing so. It also kept allowing me to destroy attacking ships, and I was them attacked by "Level 5 Boss" (this is what the game called the hunter it sent me). I killed that as well and am now Infamy Level 6 apparently. No achievement for killing Terranova, and the marker for "Triggrr the Bounty Boss" is still sitting in the northeast corner of the new DLC area. I have collected ALL collectibles in all areas, eaten all the Questers in all areas, and done everything the game will allow me. But because the game thinks I haven't killed Terranova, I cannot progress any further with the actual story. It is essentially a game breaking bug. Additionally there is no way to simply restart just the DLC, as the base game would have to be recompleted all over again for me to access the DLC area. Which is quite a bit frustrating.

As a result, I am locked out of achievements for (1) completing Truth Quest story, (2) killing Terranova, (3) Achieving 100% in Plover, (4) Defeating the Leviathan, and (5) Completing every time trial.

I'd love for this specifically to be addressed in the upcoming patch. Thanks for all you guys do. The game rocks!

This all happened yesterday, September 18 2021 by the way.

Hey Yoshiro. I was using build:

Xbox Series X: 2.0.17.0

When the bug officially happened. Today I updated to:

Xbox Series X: 2.0.18.0

Which did not fix it..

Thanks!

Can you bring up the pause menu and check the lower left hand corner, and check for a build number, it should be very feint and hard to see.

Upvote 0
@Yoshiro

As a heads up, I played through the entire game again, got to the DLC, was able to progress through everything, except the "I can handle the truth!" achievement never popped.

This is SUPER frustrating and would require me to play through the entire game a 3rd time in order to troubleshoot. PLEASE fix this.

Series X, same updated build as before.

Upvote 0