• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Profanity rate extremely high and admins just laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heinz said:
excessive cursing is just low class.

eusaclap4cl.gif

Upvote 0
I have a button for swearing ... Dont see why I should type something, when the game doing this for me ...

SUUUUKIIIII (or something like that ... ) :eek:

to be serious. Its just a game. Jokes are ok, swearing, in the right context also. If it gets to much, its the admins job to do something. If he dont ... what do you want to do against it? They pay, you play. Leave, or life with it. All you can do, is trying play on servers, with the rules that suit you most, and/or the admins are from your definition grown up enough. Some servers I dont use anymore, cause the "naziphila" plague has infested the server/admins. Sad ... but happens ... I hope humanity can cure that one day, poor people :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now, anyone who doesn't like 'bad' words should look at it from a different angle. We humans can make certain sounds with our mouths, and we started using it and various hand sginals to indicate what we want. It became more complex, associating certain souns with thing like the sun the moon, the sky, everyday things like water or grass. New words for new things, words for actions, words for the way epoeple act, and so on. There more civilized the human race the more words. More complex, and recently for impossible things from computers to microorganisms. But they stayed essentially the same. Sounds coming from the mouth. Then, the over privileged guys on moral high horses come and say certain sounds from the mouth make them have a funny feeling inside, a feeling which they call 'insulted.' Perhaps thousands years later or a thousand years earier, the same exact sound could have meant something totally different. Of course these sounds (which we like to call words) are dubbed 'bad.' Of course, they're nothing else but a bunch of sounds made with the mouth and sometimes the throat and even sometimes teeth.

And, only the lower class curse, since only they have the freedom to make all the sounds with their mouth what they want. So, do words mark the thin red line between the rich and the poor? Does it make all Communists low class cussers? No. It means that the the so called 'low class' excercise their ****ing freedoms.

In the past decade and a half, technology has greatly increased. We have been able to recreate war on a thin plastic screen. It has become so realistic, so lifelike, we can look through the gunsights of a fully realized 1940's tank (a killing machine, intended for no other reason than to to snuff out humans lives) and we can actually simulate as if we are killing people. Then the guys on their ****ing moral high horses comback and say, 'NO! These words are bad and offensive and we want our privileged kids not to hear such dirt from such low class uneducated peasants.' Of course, these guys are making nothing but sounds from their mouth. So they remove the person from the game so they themselves can not have fun, which even insults them.

Another quote: 'The old testament of an eye-for-an-eye has left us all blind.'-- Martin Luther King Jr.

So in turn, for saying a few words or tapping a few certain buttons, they are banned, sadenned by both the fact that they can not have fun on a server that wasn't bad anymore and insulted for being denied their basic rights, all-in-all causing more dislike and trouble than what would've if no one cared. Being an excessive cusser myself, I can tell you if you got kids on that will just make me want to swear more because I could not care less about how you want your kid molded in another arrogant conforming hateful guy.

Words are nothing but sounds.

Reality check: The game is rated 'M' for people of age 17 and older (official ESRB words here kids). Built in voice commands include insults, sometimes even racist.

Here's one for the German side.
'Ich hass die Russischen schweine.'
"I hate those Russian pigs."
Actual taunt from ingame. Guys, wake up. There's racism built into the effin game!

While the option to turn off gore, it does not turn off violence. It doesn't change the fact that you're simulating that you're killing someone. Regardless of blood on or off, your still stabbing that guy with a bayonet. For chrissakes, you're hurting them! Why would anyone want to hurt anyone for any reason!? (unless their defending themselves) Guys think!

now go watch The Big Lebowski because the dude is my hero.

Upvote 0
Some servers I dont use anymore, cause the "naziphila" plague has infested the server/admins.

"Naziphilia"? You mean.....like......sex with nazis?:p Seriously though, I agree. Some people take their 'loyalties' to one side or the other way too seriously, and either fail to remember or choose to forget that the leaders of both sides did some rather nasty things. I have no problem with playing for either team, and I almost always use the 'auto-select team' button, and I acknowledge that the some of the ordinary soldiers of both sides did some brave, heroic things and were generally good people, but I wouldn't touch the politics of their national leaders with a 50 meter stick.

As for swearing, I have no problem with casual swearing so long as it is not very overly excessive. If it is used in a casual context, for humour for example, I see no problem with it. As it has allready been said, this is an M rated game in North America, and there are very similar ratings accross the world. I only object to swering when it is very excessive, used in an unfriendly, rude manner, in directed verbal assualts against people. That and some people who think they are officers in a war movie and start bossing their teammates around(and I'm not talking about just trying to encourage teamwork and offering direction, but really just bossing people around) and swearing at them for not doing as well as you would like them to.

Upvote 0
to be serious. Its just a game. Jokes are ok, swearing, in the right context also. If it gets to much, its the admins job to do something. If he dont ... what do you want to do against it? They pay, you play. Leave, or life with it. All you can do, is trying play on servers, with the rules that suit you most, and/or the admins are from your definition grown up enough.

Well said, and as has been stated above, if you find a server you like play on it. THere will be servers out there mostly populated by those immature, potty mouthed mainly younger, but not necessarily so players (And I'm willing to bet the teamwork is as bad as their mouths on those servers). If you don't like those avoid those servers.

There are plenty out there for the more mature, respectful and team oriented players.
Our server has a constant message that flashes up,, "Use of racial, ethnic, or homophobic slurs will result in a ban", as well as "Being a dick will get you kicked, be civil to each other, play the game and have fun!" The admins take these server rules seriously and violators are banned, as they are not welcome and detract from the atmosphere that the regular players enjoy. A little cussing is part of the game, but any good and respectful adult should know when they have gone over the top.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.