• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Profanity rate extremely high and admins just laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love when a bunch of bible thumpers come in and are OFFENDED by these words. OH HORRID WORDS, MY EARS! OH NO. This game has a rating of Mature, so for one thing your kids shouldnt be playing this. Second, if you're playing a game with gore, violence and murder and you're offended by swearing than you got some other issues to deal with. No swear servers are pathetic and stupid. Complete utter hypocrits. Oh no Im offended by a WORD, yet seeing this guys arms and legs blow off with blood everywhere and the bone shard sticking out is PERFECTLY fine.

Pathetic.

Upvote 0
-MM!!-Lazarus said:
If this is your experience of the game, I dont understand why you play it.
I would never play a game that got me mad, irritated and made me treat other players without respect.
There really is no point in playing a game that you dont enjoy.

I treat other players with respect until they start doing the things I mentioned above. When the level of sportsmanship falls, then I start talking trash and don't quit until they leave. It's their choice to act like idiots. It's my choice to say something about it.

Upvote 0
This remains evermore the unwinnable debate. It always makes for some good copy though :D

Now that we've gotten some of the tirades off of our chests.....(I was secretly hoping that only the "swear mongers"[said with a wink] would burst into fits of over the top comments....unfortunately axhat shot that ploy down...)

Back to the smoking/non-smoking section of the restaurant........I certainly agree with Valec's comments about not sitting in the smoking section if I'm a non-smoker. And I applaud his statement that should he find himself in a non-smoking server, he would abide by the rules. Imo, this is as it should be.

However, consider this and the following scenarios.....
Not all restaurants clearly mark the smoking/non-smoking areas. Nor are they (generally) separate rooms with separate filtration systems....

#1) I go into a restaurant and the waitress puts me in the non-smoking section. Across the aisle is a table that is smoking. Though they are in the smoking section and I'm not, the smoke in the restaurant still bothers me. I can't rightly ask the "offending" table to stop smoking can I? If I were bothered by the smoke enough, I'd leave and seek a new restaurant. I'd have no problem with that.

#2) I go into a restaurant and the waitress puts me in the non-smoking section. I order and receive my food. The empty smoking table across the aisle is finally seated and the patron lights up a cigarette. The smoke becomes truly aggravating. I ask the person if they would please refrain until I've finished my meal. Imo, the correct thing to do would be to oblige. I had no idea that where the smoking section was or that someone would be seated before I could finish my meal.

Bring on the mg's :eek: ;)

Something else comes to mind..... How does choosing NOT to swear force a morality on someone? It seems to me that quite the opposite is true. ?

Floyd

Probably ought to go ahead and kill this thread, before we break out the handguns!

Upvote 0
Tak said:
Normally, I'd say find another server. I was on this server as well, however, at the same time, and agree that things went too far.
I have no problem with people being goofy or acting up a bit. When it crosses into child molestation, the humor factor is gone. Period. Even though it was painfully obvious the speaker had no children.

Hello Mauser & Tak,
I was on that server, too - I thought it was pretty surreal for a while as the insults were building while they kept calling each other "Sir", it was like a theatrical play about the prelude to a nineteenth century duel acted by rednecks very well lubricated with their own moonshine.
The child-with-cancer thing pushed the limits, but, sick as it was, in the context I confess to being somewhat amused by it, especially since it was so patently over-the-top - but hey, I have a twisted and politically incorrect sense of humour.
It did make it hard to concentrate on killing Russians, though, and by the end of the second round of Kessel I was sick to death of it and jumped to another server.
See you again on the battlefield,
DarkPa

Upvote 0
I wasn't trying to be a "bible thumper" by saying I don't like cussing, hell I don't care. I just don't want to have to deal with this on servers. Even non-cussing servers have their share of retards who screw the game up for a lot of people.
On one part I am talking to the offenders, but mostly careless admins. I have been to a few servers that even say no cussing and they still have one or two a**hat admins who don't give a crap if some guy's kid is playing and another guy is talking about what him and his boyfriend did yesterday.

-Mauser98k

Upvote 0
I really don't mind the cussing and I see both sides of the debate. I usually don't take sides and I won't here. Nearly everyone cusses and I think most people are ok with it. But don't tell me it's not annoying when some guy gets on a server and starts posting racist stuff or other offense material and then starts a debate in the game. I definantly don't mind the occasional "***** damn cliffs" or "***** sorry for that nade" But what gets on my nerves is when people start cussing out people via VOIP and typing in cuss words everytime they die. It just sort of reminds me of the "BOOM HEAD SHOT" video when he gets killed. :p

I personally let slip a couple cusswords at my monitor sometimes or one on teamspeak, but come on no one wants to hear anyone cry and whine and cuss everytime you die.

Upvote 0
Floyd said:
That line is always good for a laugh!
And where were you when that was discussed in civics class or Law 101?

I have to agree with Strother. To each server its own rules; but when playing in a public arena, until otherwise known, at least have the courtesy to assume that decorum is the rule of the day.

Floys

But you cant teach God anything......

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
The way I see it, servers are their own country. They have their own rules. Freedom of speech and other American rights don't always apply to servers. If you don't like the country you are in, perhaps you should move?

There is the n word and racist **** you cant say, but people say it. THAT pisses me off, as a white catholic american i am offended. Seriously, no racism.

Upvote 0
Avenger said:
I simply cannot understand how anyone can play a game where people lose body parts in graphic detail, and yet be offended by swear words. Anyone who fits in that category needs a reality check. This is a game for adults who get their kicks by virtually killing people. Prudishness and moral high ground have no place in a game like this.

See, I used to actually try and be nice to people on the internet. That was before I learned that there's no reason to be nice when people play so damn dirty. The teams will be off by a half-dozen for an entire match. Clans stack up one side. People exploit map bugs and poor design features until hell freezes over. Why be nice? Sometimes I play RO with a smile on my face. Sometimes I get mad as hell. It's all part of the experience, but I certainly don't need some little twit telling me what words I can and cannot use in chat.

Games are meant for personal fun.

Upvote 0
Artem said:
I love when a bunch of bible thumpers come in and are OFFENDED by these words.

jumptoconclusions2xk.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.