Problem with KF/Steam

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sinfutz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 26, 2011
So, I've been away from the dedicated server thing and now that I'm back I found a problem. (I updated my server already.)
Here's the thing, I start up my server and all, people can join it, me too, but if i disconnect from the the killingfloor (the game) and I try to reconnect from steam, it says; ''This game is currently unavailable. (Application running)''.
show-image.php
Spoiler!

If i try to go to the killing floor files and run the killingfloor.exe it works, but when I try to enter the multyplayer game, a message appears saying ; '' Steam must be running and you must have an active internet connection to access this''.
Spoiler!

This didn't use to happen some months ago. Any ideas?

Last edited:

EpharGy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 3, 2011
Australia
www.sykosis.co.uk
Happens to me too, good thing i only run a dedicated server when testing code.

One fix is to setup another windows user, log into that user, run the server, switch user to your normal user and run KF from there.

Sinfutz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 26, 2011
Happens to me too, good thing i only run a dedicated server when testing code.

One fix is to setup another windows user, log into that user, run the server, switch user to your normal user and run KF from there.
I'll try this.

Kaly

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 24, 2012
UK
Are you running the server on your local machine or on a dedicated box?

Last edited:

Sinfutz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 26, 2011
Are you running the server on your local machine or on a dedicated box?
My local machine. This error never happened before.
Anyway, I did what EpharGy said, it's working now, the problem is gone.

deckardblade

Jan 16, 2011
Chicago, US
You should be able to right click on the program and select "Run As" then fill in the other user account information you created, this should let you run it as that other user without running two Windows user sessions (would use less resources).