• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Problem Starting Game

zer0Saber

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 9, 2011
Hey there Team.

First off, very excited to play this game. I'm a big fan of DF type games, and awesome indie style stuff like this.

HOWEVER...

it won't load. I downloaded and installed it via Steam, and then when I tried to run, nothing happens. Initial startup installed the XNA framework, I believe, but subsequent startups simply get me to the "Installing, step [blank] of 2" and then crashes to desktop.

As I'm not sure of Steam's refund policy, I'd -really- like to get this game working before I decide to axe it. I love supporting developers, and want to play Dwarfs!?!

PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-Core
2.71GHz, 2.5GB RAM
Onboard RADEON 7200

That didn't seem to do anything. Uninstalling XNA, reinstalling, then restarting Steam (after closing first) still has the same problem. I tried to run dwarfs.application in the /dwarfs/ folder, but it says "System Assembly Cache 3.5.0.0" required, if that helps. Also, trying to run the dwarfs exe manually tells me it doesn't detect Steam being installed. None of my other Steam apps do this :\

Upvote 0