• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

prioritized auto-balance

Private Who?

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2006
Texas
maybe this needs to be in the suggestions forum, but if so then somebody can move it.

I am one of many who hate being auto-balanced. It seems to happen a lot more in this game than in ROOst, but maybe I'm wrong there. Could be a function of more players and more players dropping in & out of servers.

In any case, the autobalance system needs to be tweaked to balance over the people either :
a) at the bottom of the scoreboard 1st or
b) players with the lowest honor points or
c) people with the least time currently in that server 1st

I am not a real fan of spending a bunch of time in a server, playing for the team I want to play on, solidly in the middle of the pack or higher in points, only to find myself auto-balanced. This kills it for me.

Maybe there's something I'm missing there. Perhaps a dev would care to comment on how this system is set up and if it is indeed random. (Which IMO it should not be.)

ive never been autobalanced

i dont even recall a game where the teams weren't stacked (for the germans)
most clans seem to play axis

hmm...ask the 3rd Shock Army how accurate that statement is. this is not about what team is stacked one way or the other. it's about being more fair to people who have been playing for a while in a server, and not auto-balancing them but balancing people who only came in more recently came in or people with low honor or something.

Upvote 0
i dont even recall a game where the teams weren't stacked (for the germans)
most clans seem to play axis

I can vouch for this statement. The Axis team stacking is absurd.

It was the same in RO1 too. I remember clans that would stack the Axis side so it was sometimes 10 on 5. People would join and go spectator and wait for slots to open on the Axis side. If they did not get any slots in a period of time, they would leave.

Upvote 0
We've disabled the auto-balance on the =TaT= servers. No one really likes it, it seems.

And I'll admit, sometimes clans do stack. We try to avoid it, but sometimes it happens radomly (why did we all choose to go Russian this time?!?), and sometimes it happens, because someone in TeamSpeak says, "Let's go German this time." But it's not an attempt to push non-clan members around.

Upvote 0
The only problem with autobalance is people who refuse to play one team or the other.

I can't understand this, and honestly sometimes makes me worry about political B.S. one way or the other when people staunchly refuse to play as the other side, ever. Just as an example, I like the PPSh best, and I understand people who like the K98k or MG34. What I don't understand is when you're asked to play - for a few minutes, at most - with another gun you'd rather quit? :eek:

You paid for the game; why are you ignoring half of the content you paid for? And, on top of that, to the detriment of the server you're otherwise enjoying playing on? :)

It's just silly. Autobalance works great. To your point of having played for a while on one side, you won't get autobalanced if you're the highest-scoring player on the team, or the team's commander (IIRC). So there ya go. :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To your point of having played for a while on one side, you won't get autobalanced if you're the highest-scoring player on the team, or the team's commander (IIRC). So there ya go. :cool:

but you can and do have a chance of getting auto-balanced if you're the 2nd or 3rd or 4th highest scorer. and that's a pain in the a$#.

dig it: i'm not AGAINST autobalance...i just want it to be refined to prioritize who it chooses. that would be nice. that's all.

Upvote 0