• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [Preview] RO-Kriegstadt: Der Untergang Berlins

EH,

You can import sounds into your map and use the MyLevel Package. That's how I got the song 'Katyusha' playing on the phonograph in my old Voronezh alpha map ;). No need to distribute separately, I would think

Eh, it was if other people wanted to use the sounds for urban fighting. It might be better if I included them in MyLevel, I'll see.

HH, not too sure about about actually showing the Katyusha rockets themselves. It is probably possible using emitters, but the map is already emitter intensive as it is and will only become more so as tracers and muzzle flashes are going off everywhere. If it becomes feasible, I will *try* to get them in beta 2, so we'll see.

Upvote 0
I think in a later version maybe something along the lines of this would be nice for the germans to have built into the rubble:
rubblehut.png

Also if it was possible having the sound of distant Katyushas would be great. That sound gives me the chills every time... No wonder it was such a great psychological weapon as well...

Upvote 0
Well since I'm basically going to be holding off until the patch is released, I'm going to work on some more stuff, like more destruction, optimized meshes, uniform tweaks. One of the things I did was re-adjust the Soviet uniforms to now be something of a pale green, as you can see on the uniform here (even though it is a Kapitans, it is the same model as enlisted)

http://aboutww2militaria.com/May2007/soviettunic1.htm

And for my image

This is as opposed to the subdued tan that I had it at previously, and significantly different from the yellow that is the stock uniform. While you won't have the benefit of a clear division of who is who (instead of yellow and green you are now working with light green and gray), this should make people think twice before shooting, something my testers told me added a new layer of tension to the gameplay.

Upvote 0