• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [Preview] RO-Kriegstadt: Der Untergang Berlins

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
bannerpreviewxl4.jpg

April 28th, 1945

Berlin is in its death throes. Soviet forces are quickly advancing on the city centre, reducing the Third Reich to a strip of land no more than 15 kilometers in length and three kilometers wide at its narrowest point. Soviet troops are closing in on the Reichskanzlei and on their ultimate goal: the Reichstag. But between them and their objective are fanatical SS defenders, members of the 11.SS 'Nordland' division. The 'Nordland' occupies the portion of the city to the west of the River Spree and extends in to the K

Those screens don't even show everything there is to see. ;)

And believe me, it is massive. One would need to play it to appreciate the scope of it all.

And Drecks, I like to take my time ;). Operated on a largely on and off schedule throughout development, with very little consistency, and then I would focus too much on tiny tiny details that matter to me but are oft-overlooked by other mappers...

Upvote 0
EvilHobo how about seperating roles with stg 44 and mp40? Beacuse currently on maps like Odessa everybody is choosing stg instead of mp40 beacuse it's better. And in war stg44 was less than mp40 so there should be separating these weapons in other roles. Also IMO 2 semi auto rifles in axis side is too much, this weapon was too rare. Also I think that all smg is too many, on servers with 40 players this will be doubled so almost nobody will be rifleman.

Upvote 0
I was considering splitting the MP40 and StG as I wanted the MP40 to be represented in the battle as well. I suppose the StG guys will get the WSS camo and the MP40s will use the class that uses the feldgrau tunics.

EDIT: Additionally, there will be NO SCALING for larger servers in terms of loadouts. The only increase will be in riflemen.

Upvote 0
Also IMO 2 semi auto rifles in axis side is too much, this weapon was too rare. Also I think that all smg is too many, on servers with 40 players this will be doubled so almost nobody will be rifleman.

2 semi's per side is too much? So on a 50 man server there would be a whopping 4 guys with semis, hardly that big a deal IMO. The SMG's seem fine as well. Only play testing will really show whether or not it's too much.

As for the map, really great looking Hobo. It's nice to see some other aspects to the map other than that one teaser shot you did a while ago. Can't wait to see this in beta. Looks like an epic urban fight.

Upvote 0
In regard to Nestor,

Rubble is only added where there is destruction, and as such, you will not see a lot of it by buildings which are left mostly intact. I would have liked to have civilian vehicles to work with, but all RO has in CivilVehicles are a handful of carts and tractors. The goal is for the Russians to work in tandem with their armor as mobile cover, or moving from building to building, also using their tanks to suppress the German positions making it easier to move.

Craters are present on a few streets, but I wanted to keep it kind of clear so that the tanks don't need to worry about being trapped.

However, a lot of buildings can easily be converted in to skeletal shells, which would justify more rubble at the base.

Upvote 0
It looks very nice, especially the bridge and the station looks awesome. Also the additional things like PAK43, better MG42's and Russian greatcoats are a nice addition to RO.

EvilHobo how about seperating roles with stg 44 and mp40? Beacuse currently on maps like Odessa everybody is choosing stg instead of mp40 beacuse it's better. And in war stg44 was less than mp40 so there should be separating these weapons in other roles. Also IMO 2 semi auto rifles in axis side is too much, this weapon was too rare.
Note that this is Berlin, here were enough Stg44's and Panzerfausts, even a whole company (the last part of the French SS Charlemagne which was) in the Nordland division had only Stg44's!

So everyone with Stg's isnt that weird for this map. Though I agree with you that G43 (it is ridiculous when there are G41's or MP41's on this map) shouldn't be here too much.

As a sidenote, it is pretty weird that the last defenders of the F

Upvote 0
I used that photo as a reference for the map, if you'll notice the barricades use wooden stakes as in the image, though I could certainly increase them to reflect a more realistic amount. Also, just because, I had added the cart seen on the right side to the map, I just avoided it in my screenshots because it would seem out of place. Also, I didn't put a lot of those Russian armored vehicles there as I'm imagining Russian players against the 88s will do that for me. ;) There is an SU-122 and an IS2 close to the bridge -- whether they remain there or not is yet to be seen. They're in the second screenshot showcasing the Moltke Bridge.

In regard to German Semi Autos, what is the consensus?

Upvote 0
It looks very nice, especially the bridge and the station looks awesome. Also the additional things like PAK43, better MG42's and Russian greatcoats are a nice addition to RO.

Note that this is Berlin, here were enough Stg44's and Panzerfausts, even a whole company (the last part of the French SS Charlemagne which was) in the Nordland division had only Stg44's!

So everyone with Stg's isnt that weird for this map. Though I agree with you that G43 (it is ridiculous when there are G41's or MP41's on this map) shouldn't be here too much.

As a sidenote, it is pretty weird that the last defenders of the F

Upvote 0
I've never head about team that had only stg44. Even if it's true it was probably that onliest unit. In late of war in german forces still mp40 was more often than stg44. In RO there is possibility to choose mp40 or stg 44 in assault troop role and it's obvious that almost everybody will choose stg44 so it should be seperated in another role.
It is true, all men had Stg44's except those manning the MG42's and K98 with grenade launchers.
I agree that it wasn't used as much as the MP40.

Upvote 0