• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Prestige system rework

J1ha7

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
today me and my friends joined for the new update back into kf2
It was great it gave us some diversity and diffrent gameplay options felt pretty nice keep working in that direction
but as we killed zeds half day we started talking about the prestige system and most of the opinions was
there is no point of going back 0 zero and chill in hard till lvl 15 [ boring ] or afk map grind .. worse

What If the prestige system was like this
0-25 ,
26 first prestige and you need the exp of 0/25 to level it up [new icon]
27 exp needed is 0/25.5 of level exp needed
28 [prestige 3 ] 0/26 exp needed
and to infinite
Plus if i was a game disigner i would like this system to keep players coming back
What would we could offer the player that he will spend that grind time in kf2 and have fun doing it ?

[in my last suggestion Yushiro said that attachments wont be available so what if ]
:
you get weapon -re-do skin with scopes , attachments muzzle flasshes
example : 26 for sharp we get lever action + scope + laser sight
swat get re-do mp5 with silencer + red dot
and this can be done for every weapon for the class [ valaible fun options]

Or
With every prestige you still get your default stat bonus for +1 lvl in grow + 1 weight limit for each ($) prestige this will make etc [ me the demo to have upgraded m163 + m32 upgraded or more combo wep]
+ we can have even lvl 30 perk[no clue what could it be extra but ammo never hurts or brakes the game :D ]
but im not sure how it will affect the game + 5 lvl / stat wont hurt much but if more no clue
and from here we can have new mod umm
not hell on earth but \earth going to hell , but i will need difrent topic only for this mode :D

or we can have both .
Feel free to add your opinion , lets push the narrative until makes kf2 to go in top10 played games :D in steam this game deserve it.

Not the best idea. You're talking about upgrading existing weapons as prestige incentives, which doesn't sit well for me. I think the best course of action would be to create new Tier 1 weapons. In the case of Gunslinger, he already has multiple Tier 1 weapons, so maybe this would be a good progression for him?

Prestige 0: Dual 1858 Revolvers
Prestige 1: Winchester 1894
Prestige 2: HMTECH101
Prestige 3: HX-25 Grenade Pistol

You can still choose to spawn with a weapon from a lower prestige rank and even if you haven't reached the required prestige rank to spawn with the relevant weapon, said weapons will still be available to purchase at the trader. I'm just saying that prestige could be an opportunity to add new Tier 1 weapons that are neither better or worse than the ones already in the game, and the Gunslinger shows that the addition of such weapons is very much possible.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2332109 said:
Tripwire said numerous times that they don't plan to make prestiging anything more than cosmetic... Hence the name really.

Not everyone wants to restart. And it shouldn't be encouraged either. It already takes quite a while to level up.

As i have mentioned before, the Gunslinger has multiple Tier 1 weapons that are neither better or worse than the Dual 1858 revolvers. I think it might be worth it to give Prestige Rank 1 some more Tier 1 weapons to choose from.

Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0