• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"prestige" perks up to level 10?

Fedorov

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 8, 2005
I had this idea borrowed from the hall of monuments in Guild Wars 2.

Basically... you can add up to 10 levels for the perks, but only working as a "prestige" display of stars near your name, which means, no gameplay advantages or differences over level 6.

The idea is to give more reasons to play to people who already have everything, without taking too much extra work or screwing up the balance.

Anyone interested? :IS2:

Last edited:
Hmm.....sounds good to me. There doesn't seem to be any possible breaking because it doesn't really do anything, and I'd love to show off my perks :D. Of course, if it follows the same pattern (with near doubling requirements) then I'd only have 1 or 2 level 7's, but nonetheless, it would be a nice thing to prance about like a peacock showing the stars off before getting eaten alive.

Upvote 0
This is actually a very good idea! :IS2:

What if, when you got to level 10, it counts as having a new "real" level up? It'll take a ridiculous amount of time to get, but it may be worthwhile. What about each level gives you a new level in each stat? Like say, you get an extra 10% discount on level 7, going all the way to level 10 where you get a bit more damage? :confused:

Reactions: HalfDemon
Upvote 0
My only immediate concern is medic would have to be at least 1.6 million points of healing (x2 each level) or 25.6 million (x4 like it is from level 5 to 6)

Either way Rank 10 is a little wtf o_O

I don't see any harm in having an "Elite" Rank. Setting it at say 4x the requirement for level 6 then giving it a totally professionally cusomised Logo, although thats pretty much what Level 6 is already tbh :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Agree, more levels would be nice, even if they have no purpose, it's fun somewhat. Just make sure that everyone who has a Level 6 perks gets the EXP reset to the 0 EXP value of Level 6 else we would have people level instantly when it's released.

So what? People did level instantly when the level 6 came out, nothing wrong with that I guess. If level 7 in Sharpshooter requires 17.000 headshots why wouldn't I receive the level if I already got over that number? :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't mind.

Ideally there could also be purely cosmetic customizations (black Mp7, midnight blue LAR with mahogany stock, hot pink Hello Kitty chainsaw) but I think I'm just being silly at this point.

how about with every level up, you get new skins for weapons of that perk? For example, if you are a level 8 zerker, running around with a golden chainsaw and katana.

Of course, it isn't necessary, but why not also allow the players to choose which skin they want? (do you want to jokingly have a pink chainsaw that meows as its noise, the black chainsaw with painted flames on it, or a golden, granduer chainsaw?)

Of course, you could go further by adding alternate noise files as well with the skins, but I won't go too far into that one.

Upvote 0