• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Prestige - or whatever you want to call it

I support the idea of getting a badge next to your perk icon if you get another 6 levels-worth of stuff. Resetting in this game doesn't prove a thing, since leveling simply gives you bonuses and discounts with certain weapons, which is NOT what CoD does (all damage is constant).

I mean like, I just hit 140k healpoints with my medic, and I think it'd be pretty neat to have a badge for hitting 200k, but that's just me.

Or maybe, this thread is just crying out for a new perk level...?

I agree. Sooner or later...

Upvote 0
Nu-uh

Nu-uh

Prestige? No way.

1st problem: This feature is in cod and as much as I hate cod I really don't need something like this in KF

2nd problem: Why would I want to reset my perks I worked so hard on as many mentioned above.

3rd problem: I don't need no idiots to call me noob because they got more badges than me.

4th problem: I hate cod :mad: ( yes I know its the first problem I mentioned)

Reactions: Spicy and Elsea
Upvote 0
Prestige? No way.

1st problem: This feature is in cod and as much as I hate cod I really don't need something like this in KF

2nd problem: Why would I want to reset my perks I worked so hard on as many mentioned above.

3rd problem: I don't need no idiots to call me noob because they got more badges than me.

4th problem: I hate cod :mad: ( yes I know its the first problem I mentioned)

read the whole thread...

Reactions: Meismenotyou
Upvote 0
I have to be serious here.

Either way if you are going to make new "badge stuff" and alike.

I believe there should be an option inside killing floor to make either "Profiles" or be able to reset your perks freely. since I got one of my accounts vac-banned where 1 of the reasons where that I had resetted perks in killing floor.

In my chase I would really like to make several "profiles" because I usually reset my perks when Im going on LAN parties. so the Level won't make it unfair to my fellow players.

Reactions: Meismenotyou
Upvote 0
I can't help but feel that some people are misunderstanding where I'm coming from...

As it stands right now, when you have level 6 perks, solo play becomes a cake-walk on every level up to HoE. I'm looking for a way to increase the replay value of the game without receiving guff from other players who think you've never touched the game before.

Here's the scenario I'm speaking about:

Friends I want to play with are ~Level 3 in their perks. I'm Level 6. We play Hard mode. They enjoy a fun challenge. I sit back and play cleanup (which is boring). I want a way that I can make the game challenging for myself again, but still enjoy it with my friends without using mods that deprive them of earning stats.

There's two ways to go about this. One of them is a skill reset. The other is the ability to retroactively select your character level.

What I mean by retroactively select character level, is that if you are Level 1, you join the game at Level 1. At Level 2, you can choose at the beginning whether you want to be Level 2 or Level 1. At Level 3, you can select Level 3, Level 2 or Level 1.

The skill reset is a harsher form of this, because it means you have to earn all your levels again (if you choose to do so). The reason I wanted a badge (or some other visual indicator) is so that, when you join a Hard server and you're Level 1, people don't immediately yell, "Noob!" and boot you out of the server.

That's all I was really getting at... Just wanted to clarify :p

EDIT: And I also wanted to apologize for using the deadly three-letter word, "COD". I'm NOT trying to turn this game into COD. In fact, I hate COD. I just want something that lets me enjoy the game endlessly that's easy on the developer's side.

EDIT of the EDIT: And now that I brought it up, what do you think about retroactive perk-level selection?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Having even cosmetic rewards for prestige or higher levels causes some players that don't play very often to cheat or waste their time grinding. I think that the current level six is already rather ridiculously time consuming to reach. Do people really need additional goals to have reason to continue to play this game?

What I mean by retroactively select character level, is that if you are Level 1, you join the game at Level 1. At Level 2, you can choose at the beginning whether you want to be Level 2 or Level 1. At Level 3, you can select Level 3, Level 2 or Level 1.

This has been suggested a few times since launch and is an awesome idea. Since I have level 6 for all my perks already it is boring to play with level 2's at LAN meet-ups. I don't really want to reset my perks since I didn't like leveling medic or sharpshooter. We've usually used server side perks or the perk replacement mutator.

I'm not sure how easy it is for TWI to implement this though and I'm sure most of the player base wouldn't use it (since you are purposely making yourself weaker after taking the time to level).

Upvote 0
Why reset your perks? Even if you reach lvl6 headshots and damage are still accounted for. You could simply add an emblem or number for every XXXXX headshots over lvl6 SS, for every YYYYYY damage done over the lvl 6 comando, etc..

Lets say the damage requirement for a lvl 6 Zerker is 5.5M, why not have an emblem that goes up every 5.5M damage? That way you can show off how your lvl6 zerker is longer than someone else's lvl6 zerker because you completed the lvl6 requirement more times.

just my 2 cents

Upvote 0
Warning! This post is meant to be sarcastic!
Spoiler!

Reactions: Rainydaykid
Upvote 0
Why reset your perks? Even if you reach lvl6 headshots and damage are still accounted for. You could simply add an emblem or number for every XXXXX headshots over lvl6 SS, for every YYYYYY damage done over the lvl 6 comando, etc..

Okay, I have to say it again. I'm not looking for emblems. I'm not looking for perk progression. The emblem idea was just a way to reset my perks without feeling like I lost everything I worked so hard for the first time playing through.

I'm looking for perk regression. I want to be Level 1 again so I can experience the same challenge of playing KF as when I first bought it. My gameplay experiences in KF were AMAZING when I was Level 1 and Level 2. The game just felt right to me.

Being Level 6 is not all it's cracked up to be. I want to go back to being Level 1. But I want something to hold on to. Something that indicates I played the heck out of this game and loved every minute of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No ****ING prestige! I already heard about some crappy platinum prestige badge by some new player. Honest to god, it is quite a good/bad idea. Yes, it would be fun to have a new leveling perk, problem is, we only have 5 types of survival modes. HoE and Suicidal are for professional, not PuG group players. If we were to have PERK_LEVEL_11, it would be stupid cause then people could easily just wipe out the patriach and mobs in normal, beginner, and hard; Also, it would make the Suicidal and HoE difficulties a bit too easy.
I would though like the thought of having to level up after Level 6, but as said before, Level 6 takes some time to reach (ACTUALLY, A LOT OF TIME). I think it would be rather good to reach a Level 8 perk after you have unlocked atleast 2-4 Level 6 perks.

Upvote 0