• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pre-purchase RO2 on Steam!

I honestly don't get why some here worry so much about the pricedifferences and what they get with the Deluxe Edition. I personally got the Deluxe Edition because I want to support Tripwire, not only for RO2 but also for all those hours of fun I had with RO1. And most of all because Tripwire can use the support (I would never do it for EA Games for example). If I think of that, the Deluxe Edition would not even have to contain hats, unlocks, beta access etc. (although that beta will taste great :))

If you look at the small price difference + the 10 or 20% off, I bet most of us here are spending more money in one night at a party. So really I don't get why people (who can afford it) won't just support Tripwire a little more by getting the Deluxe Edition. If you want to support Tripwire now is the time.

Upvote 0
I agree with Attilaken. RO has given me so many hours of free entertainment.. Let's face it, I bought very cheap (as a special on steam), then no monthly fees, nothing. Games like WoW cost $16.99 a month AFTER you pay $50 or whatever for the box.

An extra $10 is really nothing. My only concern at the moment is making sure I can play the game after I download it. My little laptop might be chugging like an old overheated troop transport

Upvote 0
Low violence version in Australia? You can't be serious. Tell me this can be circumvented.

I just found Wilsons post about not getting the rating yet. Please sweet merciful Loki give us the real version of RO :( :( :( :( :( I have never used that many smilies (frownies?) before. RO2 is the game I have been most waiting for since I played Beta 1.0 of RO on UT2003, hell i didn't think i could get this worked up over a computer game but when i can see much more horrendous things on the TV all the bloody time it's unbelievably enraging.

So can we purchase the proper RO2 before the rating gets back?

I must point out LA NOIRE is rated MA15+ and appears UNCENSORED in Australia, that game features naked mutilated women. Please don't let this **** happen to RO in Australia.
Yes, updates on this one today: UK distributor is submitting the PEGI version to Australia - and expecting it to come through with an MA15+ rating. Now I am really confused... "watch this space".

Upvote 0
Well that is hopeful? Perhaps. Until Aus gets itself sorted out with an R18+ rating. Fingers crossed, I know me and my mate are waiting to gladly grab that DDV as soon as this is known. Thanks for the update Wilson.

Will like the German version a Gift or Imported version (Pre-Purcahse or Release version) give me a proper ROW version?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didn't buy Red Orchestra Ostfront, I bought RO2 DDE (RoW). I bought it because I don't want to buy Black Ops or Battlefield BC 2. I'm a TF2 lover, and I'm very happy for my Pilotka for the Heavy. I was excepting the Medic would get the Stahlhelm, but yeah, love it too ;). I have KF but I don't play it often, but yeah, I'm happy to see those offers Tripwire make.
Keep the work up! :cool:

Upvote 0
I am so pumped for the beta. I have my deluxe edition preorder on steam and everything. Assuming the beta goes live next week I will be able to bench my old system against the new system I am building in the next week or 2. I even have a buyer lined up for my old system.

My current system:

Q9300 Quadcore OC to 3.2ghz on air
GTX 465 1gb with Asus performace OC enabled
4gb DDR3 1033 OC'd to 1333 stock timings
1tb Seagate server drive

New Build:
i7 2600k with Corsair H80 liquid Cooler
Asus P8Z68 Deluxe with automated overclocking options
2x Asus GTX 560 ti in SLI
8GB G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR3 1866
1TB Caviar Black SATA 6GB

I expect it will be like night and day. If I can remember, I will stop back by with the results

Upvote 0
My current system:

1tb Seagate server drive

New Build:

I expect it will be like night and day. If I can remember, I will stop back by with the results

If you want to test both builds,man,R.O. isnt your game :p

To the germans guys,dudes,pass the beta,buy it from Amazon or sites when you can get it uncensored and boxed.Dont worry about play beta or not do it.

See us around.

Upvote 0
I am so pumped for the beta. I have my deluxe edition preorder on steam and everything. Assuming the beta goes live next week I will be able to bench my old system against the new system I am building in the next week or 2. I even have a buyer lined up for my old system.

My current system:

1tb Seagate server drive

New Build:

Man are u joking with the old system? :(

My specs:

Amd Barton 2500 MMX 3d Now ~1,8 GHz
Geforce 6600 GT NX2
HDD 250 GB Maxtor
Mainboard: Asrock K7S41GX (AGP)
Windows XP Home 32b SP3
1 GB ram (2x 512MB)

I upgraded the HDD from 80GB to 250 and the main desk. :p

I`d like to try the game if my PC can run it on low settings But I won`t buy RO2: DE ...So how can I try out the game if my PC can handle it or not, dear developers?
This PC can run most games without having the min. req. for them :cool:
On super-low setting :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If anyone needs an uncut version through Steam, I live in Belgium and can buy RO2 for you as a gift. I use PayPal as payment method so if you have PayPal too we can arrange it with ease.

Just want to be a helping hand, because I also do find dismembered corpses and limbs in their full glory very important in gameplay :D

Send me a private message if you like.

Upvote 0