• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Pre-purchase RO2 on Steam!

Attilaken

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 19, 2010
Belgium
I honestly don't get why some here worry so much about the pricedifferences and what they get with the Deluxe Edition. I personally got the Deluxe Edition because I want to support Tripwire, not only for RO2 but also for all those hours of fun I had with RO1. And most of all because Tripwire can use the support (I would never do it for EA Games for example). If I think of that, the Deluxe Edition would not even have to contain hats, unlocks, beta access etc. (although that beta will taste great :))

If you look at the small price difference + the 10 or 20% off, I bet most of us here are spending more money in one night at a party. So really I don't get why people (who can afford it) won't just support Tripwire a little more by getting the Deluxe Edition. If you want to support Tripwire now is the time.

Hillstorm

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 3, 2011
I agree with Attilaken. RO has given me so many hours of free entertainment.. Let's face it, I bought very cheap (as a special on steam), then no monthly fees, nothing. Games like WoW cost $16.99 a month AFTER you pay $50 or whatever for the box.

An extra $10 is really nothing. My only concern at the moment is making sure I can play the game after I download it. My little laptop might be chugging like an old overheated troop transport

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Low violence version in Australia? You can't be serious. Tell me this can be circumvented.

I just found Wilsons post about not getting the rating yet. Please sweet merciful Loki give us the real version of RO :( :( :( :( :( I have never used that many smilies (frownies?) before. RO2 is the game I have been most waiting for since I played Beta 1.0 of RO on UT2003, hell i didn't think i could get this worked up over a computer game but when i can see much more horrendous things on the TV all the bloody time it's unbelievably enraging.

So can we purchase the proper RO2 before the rating gets back?

I must point out LA NOIRE is rated MA15+ and appears UNCENSORED in Australia, that game features naked mutilated women. Please don't let this **** happen to RO in Australia.
Yes, updates on this one today: UK distributor is submitting the PEGI version to Australia - and expecting it to come through with an MA15+ rating. Now I am really confused... "watch this space".

Zoring

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
Well that is hopeful? Perhaps. Until Aus gets itself sorted out with an R18+ rating. Fingers crossed, I know me and my mate are waiting to gladly grab that DDV as soon as this is known. Thanks for the update Wilson.

Will like the German version a Gift or Imported version (Pre-Purcahse or Release version) give me a proper ROW version?

Last edited:

MasterEspionage

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 5, 2011
I didn't buy Red Orchestra Ostfront, I bought RO2 DDE (RoW). I bought it because I don't want to buy Black Ops or Battlefield BC 2. I'm a TF2 lover, and I'm very happy for my Pilotka for the Heavy. I was excepting the Medic would get the Stahlhelm, but yeah, love it too ;). I have KF but I don't play it often, but yeah, I'm happy to see those offers Tripwire make.
Keep the work up! :cool:

Gongxter

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 9, 2009
is there a way to pre-order RO2 via steam without getting :eek:

the low violance version ? -_-
i come from germany and normaly i buy my games via amazon.co.uk but then i won't get access to the closed beta -_-
someone knows a trick or something else to pre-order this game uncut ?

Stephen

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 25, 2011
Ch
Just order it from Amazon. I wouldn't worry about the beta - we've all missed out on that one, considering there was talk of a beta before last Christmas if I recall.

You're only going to get to play for about a week anyway.

That_Guy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 2, 2011
I am so pumped for the beta. I have my deluxe edition preorder on steam and everything. Assuming the beta goes live next week I will be able to bench my old system against the new system I am building in the next week or 2. I even have a buyer lined up for my old system.

My current system:

Q9300 Quadcore OC to 3.2ghz on air
GTX 465 1gb with Asus performace OC enabled
4gb DDR3 1033 OC'd to 1333 stock timings
1tb Seagate server drive

New Build:
i7 2600k with Corsair H80 liquid Cooler
Asus P8Z68 Deluxe with automated overclocking options
2x Asus GTX 560 ti in SLI
8GB G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR3 1866
1TB Caviar Black SATA 6GB

I expect it will be like night and day. If I can remember, I will stop back by with the results

LeftHandPath

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 30, 2011
My current system:

1tb Seagate server drive

New Build:

I expect it will be like night and day. If I can remember, I will stop back by with the results

If you want to test both builds,man,R.O. isnt your game :p

To the germans guys,dudes,pass the beta,buy it from Amazon or sites when you can get it uncensored and boxed.Dont worry about play beta or not do it.

See us around.

Bessas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 14, 2009
I am so pumped for the beta. I have my deluxe edition preorder on steam and everything. Assuming the beta goes live next week I will be able to bench my old system against the new system I am building in the next week or 2. I even have a buyer lined up for my old system.

My current system:

1tb Seagate server drive

New Build:

Man are u joking with the old system? :(

My specs:

Amd Barton 2500 MMX 3d Now ~1,8 GHz
Geforce 6600 GT NX2
HDD 250 GB Maxtor
Mainboard: Asrock K7S41GX (AGP)
Windows XP Home 32b SP3
1 GB ram (2x 512MB)

I upgraded the HDD from 80GB to 250 and the main desk. :p

I`d like to try the game if my PC can run it on low settings But I won`t buy RO2: DE ...So how can I try out the game if my PC can handle it or not, dear developers?
This PC can run most games without having the min. req. for them :cool:
On super-low setting :)

Followthewolves

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 27, 2009
i really wanna pre-order this, but money is rather tight. Can you get the unlocks by earning them ingame as well? Or are these weapons only unlocks for pre-ordering?

User583

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 10, 2011
i really wanna pre-order this, but money is rather tight. Can you get the unlocks by earning them ingame as well? Or are these weapons only unlocks for pre-ordering?
You can earn them in game without preordering, you just get them early when you do. And the game is half the price of a normal game so that's even better.

Attilaken

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 19, 2010
Belgium
If anyone needs an uncut version through Steam, I live in Belgium and can buy RO2 for you as a gift. I use PayPal as payment method so if you have PayPal too we can arrange it with ease.

Just want to be a helping hand, because I also do find dismembered corpses and limbs in their full glory very important in gameplay :D

Send me a private message if you like.