• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pre-purchase RO2 on Steam!

It might be possible that changing your location in Steam from Germany to another country won't do the trick knowing their system looks at your IP-address. I wouldn't give it a shot that way risking getting the censored version.

But I'm pretty confident that changing your IP-address will do the trick. Reading between the lines of what has been suggested, use a good IP-changer. I'm using Hotspot Shield (http://[URL="http://www.hotspotshield.com"]www.hotspotshield.com[/URL]), it's free (with ads) but it works great (without the never-working-free-proxyservers).

Before you use it, check your IP and location with a website like this: [url]http://whatismyipaddress.com/[/URL] Then use HotspotShield and check your IP and location again. Suddenly located outside Germany ? You should be fine then ;)

Upvote 0
How to get the uncut version via Steam if living in Germany.

How to get the uncut version via Steam if living in Germany.

Just to clarify things:

Changing your location in the Steam options doesn't give you the uncut version if you live in Germany.
Steam is checking for your IP, and if that is a German IP, you will get the cut version. No matter if your Steam language is set to English or your location is set to the US.

You could, of course, use a proxy server to get an American IP and then buy it via the Steam store, but I understand that this is illegal. Steam asks you if you really are located in the country your IP adress is refering to and if you make a false statement (For example: Your computer is located in Germany but you use an American IP) you can get your Steam account banned.

I wouldn't risk that if I was you. I mainly prefer to ask friends from the US to buy it for me and then gift it.
Just work out a safe method of repaying your buddy from another country and let them buy the game for you. That's how I do it.

And by the way, there is another reason why it is illegal to shop when connected through and American proxy:
You don't pay taxes. All the prices in the Steam store are in dollars when connected with an American IP and therefore you would practise tax fraud when buying it like that, because you don't pay the VAT for your country.

Just don't risk it, and get it gifted by a friend.

Upvote 0
It might be possible that changing your location in Steam from Germany to another country won't do the trick knowing their system looks at your IP-address. I wouldn't give it a shot that way risking getting the censored version.

But I'm pretty confident that changing your IP-address will do the trick. Reading between the lines of what has been suggested, use a good IP-changer. I'm using Hotspot Shield (http://http://www.hotspotshield.comwww.hotspotshield.com), it's free (with ads) but it works great (without the never-working-free-proxyservers).

Before you use it, check your IP and location with a website like this: http://whatismyipaddress.com/http://whatismyipaddress.com/ Then use HotspotShield and check your IP and location again. Suddenly located outside Germany ? You should be fine then ;)

omg it works

Edit: okay maybe not. i can see the uncut version on the shop site, but when i buy the after sale thing won't open

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The badges you always get if you own RO1, doesn't matter if you pre-order, and owning RO1 is the only way to get them, they are not unlocks.

The bayonets are normally unlocks, but if you own RO1 you get them unlocked day 1, pre-order or not.

And no beta beta is not for DE only.

Pre-Ordering the Digital Deluxe Edition is the only way to get into the larger scale beta. We've decided against a public beta mainly due to time constraints and not having the bandwidth to ramp up to a massive amount of servers in the short amount of time before release. We will do a free weekend some time soon after the release for those that want to try before they buy.

Thanks about this really good news John.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
omg it works

Edit: okay maybe not. i can see the uncut version on the shop site, but when i buy the after sale thing won't open

Hello Pig, maybe it works when you disconnect from HotSpotShield after you get to the shopsite where you see the uncut version and before you click "Begin purchase". The 'sale thing' (VISA, PayPal, or whatever you are using) is a secured part which will not accept just any 'undefined' IP-adress out of security measures. But if you disconnect from HotSpotShield, you go back to your actual IP-address.

I can not try it myself because I don't live in Germany, so maybe you can try and let us know ? Thx

Upvote 0

It was not my question in my last post but thank you though.
it makes the main points clearer.

we knew that via internet it's all about the IP
one thing which was not considered but appears to be the key problem is the fact that many ppl who bought non-cut import versions of RO1 received post-purchase-censorships (which was a double cheek). I can't swear but afaik there were both sides, bought in stores and on the internet. I was on the contrary very lucky: I purchased a cut store version. After the steam censorships (launched by USK I guess or hope) I had an uncensored one ;)

Upvote 0
Why aren't new posts being added to the "box art and system specs" thread? I wrote a post there last night and it has yet to show up, and I noticed posts have not been added there since 9 a.m. Tuesday morning. Why?

EDITED to correct the above to "have not been added..."

And also to mention that I see my post is there now. Thank you :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Low violence version in Australia? You can't be serious. Tell me this can be circumvented.

I just found Wilsons post about not getting the rating yet. Please sweet merciful Loki give us the real version of RO :( :( :( :( :( I have never used that many smilies (frownies?) before. RO2 is the game I have been most waiting for since I played Beta 1.0 of RO on UT2003, hell i didn't think i could get this worked up over a computer game but when i can see much more horrendous things on the TV all the bloody time it's unbelievably enraging.

So can we purchase the proper RO2 before the rating gets back?

I must point out LA NOIRE is rated MA15+ and appears UNCENSORED in Australia, that game features naked mutilated women. Please don't let this **** happen to RO in Australia.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hans_klempner
Upvote 0
Am I the only one waiting for word on the Beta before Pre-ordering?

Am I the only one waiting for word on the Beta before Pre-ordering?

This is not a "OMG TWI ARE TEH EVILZ LIKE EA!" thread.

I am sure TWI have good reason for not announcing dates of the Beta yet.

However, I'd just like to put out my opinion that I don't particularly care for any of the dohickeys for the Deluxe Addition (don't have KF, don't play TF2, and don't care for hats), and I actually don't want weapons unlocked early (besides bayo), so thats a negative in my book. so my decision of which version to pre-order is purely based on how long the Beta is going to be.

If its only going to be a week before release, I'll probably pass (especially when there's mixed word on whether people who don't buy the DE version will get beta access), but if its 2-4 weeks, I probably will.

Not that I don't love TWI and want to give them money, but I don't want to signal that I think hats and DLC for games I don't own is worth the money, since I don't want more of that in future (not that there's anything wrong with liking that stuff, I'm well aware lots of people do, and have no expectation for TWI to cater purely to my needs).

If there was just a "give TWI more money version", I might go for that, but I don't want to make purchasing decisions that might affect how TWIs next game might be sold in a way I don't like.

So I figure I might as well wait till the Beta details are announced properly before pre-ordering, since that's what I'm paying for. Now, you might say, fine, go do that, but I was under the impression that the more pre-orders the earlier the better (in terms of things like how much promotion you get from steam), so if there are a bunch of fence sitters like me, I'd recommend clearing the air on the beta ASAP so we can hurry up and give you money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hobitt
Upvote 0