• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pre-ordering now available on Steam!

[-project.rattus-] said:
I prefer less colourfull ones... like plain black with the red/white "Red Orchestra" writing. They tend to stand out more on the shelves too, at leats to me. But that's just personal taste, the artwork is still great :D

Definately, same here...im taking a game art and design course and from what I understand, the developers dont get the final say in the box designs, more a concern for the publishers to help push the sales no?

Looking at the art im not that impressed...the sodier on the top is a HUGE focal point, combined with the perspective on the soldiers and tank, and the colorful tones, makes it seem more like it is a 'cinematic' feel...also, red and green is a rough complimentary set for most people

Simple, desaturated, and a less 'painted' look would give a proper feel if one had to judge by the cover!

Upvote 0
The devs get input, but usually the PR department for the publisher gets final say. Usually you get a decent result, but sometimes...it can be tragic. One of the games I worked on came out with box art that is thoroughly hated by everyone associated with testing the game, and 99.99999% of the game's fanbase. The box art was finalized by the PR department, who used some kind of totally whacked statistics to design it. End result is the box does not generate any interest. Only those who already knew about the game and already planned on buying it did so.

Upvote 0