• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pre-Load is up.

My patch dl doesn't even start.
I got the entire preload this morning but now every time I try preload to patch it, Steam just says that the preload is complete.

It was same here.

But I managed to fool Steam, and now I'm D/L current preload version.
But it's kinda complicated and I dunno how I pulled it off, because when
you delete client files all it wants is to download EVERYTHING

Upvote 0
So I guess I'm the ONLY one with this problem? I don't understand how it's possible that 80% of my download simply VANISHED. It was on 79% and I didn't touch anything at all, just let it download. I noticed that steam is acting strangely and checked the download and it said "download suspended". I tried to resume but no luck. I restarted steam and BUM - download at 0% and can't restart preload cause "servers are crowded". Srsly WTH......

Upvote 0
Yup, I was also back to 0% but I kept trying and giving him previous 100% preload files till Steam finally gave in.

Proly some indexing sh1t over at Valve...

What do you mean "giving him..." I didn't play the beta. I just bought the normal digital edition on steam the first day preorder was available. I had exams so I wouldn't be able to play anyway. So I have no RO2 files on my pc at all. This pre-load was 8 gigs big.

Upvote 0
I had 100% preloaded files.

But then I hear about new patch, and naturally I want to preload this too.
But damn Steam won't hear.

So I try to force him by deleting client files, and moving whole preload elsewhere on disk. And I let him start, exited Steam, gave him back old 100% version, but the damn Steam always starts from 0%.

Naturally I wouldn't have that, so I tried deleting and undeleting till Steam finally started from 67%, downloading just the 2.6GB patch

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had 100% preloaded files.

But then I hear about new patch, and naturally I want to preload this too.
But damn Steam won't hear.

So I try to force him by deleting client files, and moving whole preload elsewhere on disk. And I let him start, exited Steam, gave him back old 100% version, but the damn Steam always starts from 0%.

Naturally I wouldn't have that, so I tried deleting and undeleting till Steam finally started from 67%, downloading just the 2.6GB patch

It started again, from 56%. Definitely better than nothing :) Cu online.

Upvote 0