• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pre Caching For Load Times

For precaching find this (bold line only) to turn it off.

[Engine.LevelInfo]
PhysicsDetailLevel=PDL_Medium
MeshLODDetailLevel=MDL_High
bLowSoundDetail=False
DecalStayScale=2.000000
bNeverPrecache=false

and change to this

[Engine.LevelInfo]
PhysicsDetailLevel=PDL_Medium
MeshLODDetailLevel=MDL_High
bLowSoundDetail=False
DecalStayScale=2.000000
bNeverPrecache=true

Upvote 0
OK I tried both Yoshiro and Deitrich's suggestions and this did improve "my" load times. Now 30 to 45 secounds and I'll take what I can get, thanks. However, my cachesize megs changed back to 32 and I don't know if I did this by accident or if it changed itself. (I don't know if thats possible or not) Ya see I had changed it to 256 on a recomendation I tried.Now that reversed the true/false does this have to be set at 32. If anyone can help and you don't mind, maybe you can check out my relative thread "cachesize megs" on first page. It will give you more info.

Thanks guys !:)

PS I'm sorry I didn't make a link. I've only had a PC for 1 1/2 yrs and knew nothing. Though I've taught myself lots, still learning and like problem solving, I'm a little more than embarassed to tell you " I don't know how to make a link" I guess it just never came up but anyways thats why. :(
Sorry and thanks again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0