• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PPSh needs historical buffs now that the Mkb is here.

Graphic

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Nevada
Anyone who isn't completely biased will agree that the Allied team has issues. Map troubles, the impotent T-34, the team-stacking (including any player with a pinch of skill, if rumors are to be trusted), and even the uniform colors have all contributed to a pretty sad win ratio for the Allied team.

Now, with the introduction of masses of DDE Mkb 42 (H) assault rifles, the Allies are a complete joke. The obituaries are littered with nothing but Mkb icons. Anyone with decent reflexes can clear entire rooms before anyone knew what hit them...and then that same man, stepping out of a building he just laid waste to in close quarters, sees someone 150m. No worries. Press 6 for 30 round G41. It's sooo freaking good.

Unfortunately it's counterpart, the AVT, has recoil like I imagine a 50 caliber assault rifle would. And only 10 rounds. It's a worthless POS and its not up to the task. Anyone who prefers it over the Mkb is a masochist, plain and simple.

So it looks like the PPSh is going to have to carry the weight.

Now, even though every gun's handling is supposedly true-to-life, with the PPSh it's simply not the case. It's not RO1 bad, but it still has ridiculous recoil like it was a battle rifle, even when firing from the hip. High rate of fire or no, it's still spitting pistol rounds, not .3006. It doesn't need MP40 recoil, no that would be a bit much, but it needs to be toned down noticeably.

Then there's the fact that the selector switch on it is conspicuously absent. Is it an unlock? I don't know. I still can't get anyone to confirm it, so I'll count it as a rumor for now. It needs this historically accurate feature in order to have any kind of effectiveness past really short range.

And to bring up its legendary rate of fire again...it doesn't feel like it. It feels more like the rate of fire on a Thompson or something. It doesn't feel like this or this. However, since I don't know how or where to look in the files, I can't confirm this is off. It definitely doesn't feel as fast as it should to me. If it really is slower than real life, I'd guess it was done so people don't blow their 30 round load too fast, but I don't think that's really helpful.

I don't have some silly allegience to the Allied team. I'd honestly love to pick a random team (please at auto-select btw) but the way things are now, I can't do it in good conscience. I feel cheap when I play Germans outside of the few maps where the Axis are actually disadvantage. This just needs to happen. As of now, the one and only advantage in weapons the Allies have over Axis is the SVT-40 sniper scope. That's it. Everything else the Germans have is equal or better. In fact, the only advantages the Allies have in anything in the entire game over the Axis is the SVT scope, Grain Elevator, the first phase of Station, and the PPSh with drum will have 7 more bullets than the MP-40/II.

This brand new game is quickly becoming boring due to the highly predictable outcomes for every match. You need to help it. Start with the PPSh.

And then, for the love of god, do something with that POS T-34 next!

Don't keep buffing weapons to match more powerful ones.

This will only result in all weapons being essentially the same save for a different skin, or all weapons being superweapons.

Alot of weapons are already borderline overpowered. Weapons that are good in every situation is already a big problem in this game, no reason to make even more weapons like that.

Some guns are just different to others.

I agree the number of MKB's unbalance the game. But in my mind the only thing to be done about this is severely reducing the number of MKB's available. I'd like to see 2 max.

Heck, even spawning a single MKB in the middle of the map, that doesn't disappear and people can fight over it is better than the current situation

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually when properly handled t-34 is more than a match for the pz4. You just have to use it's speed, not sit there being a pretty target. As for the PPSh i mostly agree.

Please explain to me how I use the T-34's speed on any map besides Gumrak.

Start with Fallen Fighters.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately it's counterpart, the AVT, has recoil like I imagine a 50 caliber assault rifle would. And only 10 rounds. It's a worthless POS and its not up to the task. Anyone who prefers it over the Mkb is a masochist, plain and simple.

AVT recoil is pretty much spot on. If you fire very short bursts it's effective up to 50m against targets in the open and CQB battle. Use semi for targets in cover or long ranges, that's why it's there.

However I do agree with your other point that perhaps the PPSh recoil, and heck maybe even MG34/DP28, should go down a bit. Say 20% reduction on the base recoil (don't forget it goes down with experience too.)

Upvote 0
Actually when properly handled t-34 is more than a match for the pz4. You just have to use it's speed, not sit there being a pretty target.

Totally agree, plus using it's low profile to hide in rubble.
I'm thinking about Pavlov's House map, for example. You have a green T-34, just put it in a good hiding, I triple guarantee you that your German counterpart will never know what hits him :)

Upvote 0
AVT recoil is pretty much spot on. If you fire very short bursts it's effective up to 50m against targets in the open and CQB battle. Use semi for targets in cover or long ranges, that's why it's there.

You get the same or better results in every situation with an SVT except super close quarters. If its max effective range for automatic mode is 50m, there's no real reason to pick it over the PPSh either.

In my experience the second shot will pretty much never hit the target, no matter how hard you try to control it, so firing on automatic with it at all is just a placebo.

But we can both agree that it doesn't remotely compare to the Mkb, right? That's the point I was trying to make. We can argue the finer points of the AVT's performance until the cows come home, but its still a joke compared to the Mkb.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeah, I agree with you. I tried AVT like two times, but recoil is just ridiculous! its like: you shoot first round, than second and BAM! you've just hit he celling! PPSH's recoil is too strong as well. perhaps devs should nerf the mkb a little bit, and fix those issues with both AVT and PPSH's.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I find the PPSH unplayable because that gas shooting out of the side lags my computer beyond reason. I have no issues with frames but whenever I fire the PPSH (and AVT full auto) I get a slight twitch freeze that throws my aim off completely and makes the gun useless.

No such problem with DP/MG34/MP40

Upvote 0
Nice rant. I've been playing for a while now on the Russian side ( I can't even get into the German side) and the only thing being seriously wrong is the MKB it shouldnt be here in the first place, however I love the PPSH as it is, with drum mag it will be even more awesome.

And now i ask... why did the devs not put the drum mag in the beginning? Just because of the unlock system? :(
And when the mp40 get's the extended mag, the ppsh will have 2 more bullets than her...
Besides, the mp40 works fine for every map(i will not even bother with the mkb...), now, the ppsh... it just doesn't feel right to play with it on any map besides barracks and apartments...

Upvote 0
Is it so hard for you people to pull the mouse down while you shoot the PPSH?

The recoil might be a bit over the top, but if you actually do some work while shooting and try to compensate for the recoil this gun has, you will see that you can actually spray people down with good accuracy.

Imagine yourself shooting the real PPSH. You all saw the youtube clips of people shooting it. I never used the gun myself but think of it this way, as soon as you pull the trigger the gun will start firing, your natural body response is to tighten your muscles and firmly hold the gun as you shoot. If you just relax your arm the gun would probably jump around like crazy. Apply the same on your mouse and you will have no problems.

I actually prefer the PPSH to the MP40, I only wish I had the drum mag:mad:

Upvote 0