• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Tuning] PPsh choppy firing

RobDollar

Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2009
The PPsh for me is firing very odd, the best way to describe it is its firing so fast that the game / my pc can't keep up with it. The sound seems choppy and the firing is delayed slightly, and seems uncontrollable for a second or so.

The game runs perfect for me on high settings, a low of 43 fps, most of the time 55-60 fps. All other guns are fine and fire perfectly, notably the mp40 smg works fine.

Is this an issue for anyone else?

Specs are: amd quad, nvidia 9800, 4gb RAM, winxp 32

edit: this happens on all servers, most of the server I play on are sub 50 latency.

Last edited:
I was about to make a thread on this, but that awesome thread finder swatted my stupid finger from spamming with another.

I can confirm the OP. the game likes to microstutter when firing the ppsh. I have tried holding fire down, bursting, single shotting, all the same. The game clearly microstutters when you shoot this gun.

Upvote 0
I have this too.

My case is that the gun generally causes a lag spike. I'd estimate it at 0.4 second spike after a 0.7 second burst, usually finding myself dead afterwords. Indeed, it seems that the gun is too much for the engine. This sometimes occurs with the DP28, but not the MG34, so it may or may not have any correlation to the weapons rate of fire.

Upvote 0