• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Power Up Pack!

Skell

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
On the Internet.
V4.2 is whitelisted!
TopGif.gif
Tiles.png

^buttons​

• Machete:
Using lightweight L.C.D. screens and a Radio-luminescent edge, this weapon is now your goto-guy for on-demand rave parties. He's also equipped with a health monitor; less hearts means less health!

• SCARMK17:
Apart from the pretty lights on the body, this gun has 2 extra little mods:

A different sight image and a mag that knows when it's new or used. These lights work similarly to the MK23 and uses the same colour scheme but this SCARMK17 is also lit from within the chassis. It also has been refinished with a black camo to further accentuate the lights.

• AA12:
All of the tech was mounted onto the drum for this one. The body was redone as well but that's not really important.

The drum has an L.C.D. ammo indicator using 4 icons as indicators as well as using the colour scheme of green, yellow and red. On top of that, the front face of the drum has a L.C.D. screen displaying the appropriate colour.

• MK23 and Dual MK23s:
Using some simple modding, original sights have been swapped out with L.E.D.s to give the player a little heads up when their ammo runs low. It uses the conventional green equals good, yellow equals low, and red equals almost gone. The slide was also given a metallic finish, really trying to drive home the futuristic-ness of a MK23 with 4 changing lights.

• Vlad 9000:
This powered up Vlad 9000 boasts numerous graphical upgrades. From the sleek black chasis, to the candy apple red nuts and bolts, this gun is for those with style. Swapping out from the regular nails to the laser projectiles, adding an ammo indicator and using some interesting shooting and reloading sounds really drive home the mechanical feel this baby was meant to give.

• Pipebomb:
This modernized, improvised explosive device is hooked up with some gadgets to fill the gap the original pipebomb lacks. With a 3-state arming system, you know when your pipebomb is armed and ready. 3 back-lit notifiers for off, arming and armed as well as an arming progress bar. Once the bar fills, it's ready to blow!

• Husk Fireball Launcher:
When you use a regular Husk Fireball Launcher, you might feel like it's a little lacking in... awesomeness? Well, do we have the gun for you. This modified husk gun uses a chemical injector to randomly colour your fire.

"How is it possible to change the colour of fire?" I hear you ask. Well, lemme break down the science of this stylish weapon. First of all, let's list the colours this baby's got. We've green, blue, purple, yellow and red for a total of 5 different flavours of fashionable fire. To create these colours we used hydrogen borate (green), copper chloride (blue), potassium chloride and potassium bitartrate with a little strontium salt mixed in (purple), sodium bicarbonate (yellow), and strontium salt (red).

Machete_Icon.png
SCAR_Icon.png
AA12_Icon.png
MK23S_Icon.png
MK23D_Icon.png
VLAD_Icon.png
Pipe_Icon.png
Husk_Icon.png

Notes:
From Version 2 onward, this mutator may break others that modify the class KFPlayerController and the Trader Menu.This also won't work well with other weapon mods. The reason for this is the following:

- Overriding of perks (non-intrusive but necessary)
- Overriding of buy menus (non-intrusive but necessary)

For it to have discounts in vanilla, these things are necessary evils.

These weapons inherit all their gameplay-relevant values from their normal variants. They in no way change how the weapon is used.

Server Perks Download:

Pickup Class Names:
Code:
CyberWeaponsV4_2SP.CyberMachetePickup
CyberWeaponsV4_2SP.CyberSCARPickup
CyberWeaponsV4_2SP.CyberAA12Pickup
CyberWeaponsV4_2SP.CyberMK23Pickup
CyberWeaponsV4_2SP.CyberDualMK23Pickup
CyberWeaponsV4_2SP.CyberVladPickup
CyberWeaponsV4_2SP.CyberPipePickup
CyberWeaponsV4_2SP.CyberHuskGunPickup

Source Code:
The source code for the pack can be found here. The code is split up into emitters and actual code, just keep it clean and free of dependson() stuff.

Version 2 Update Notes:
Spoiler!

Version 4 Update Notes:
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Nicely done

Thanks ^^

Yay, I can see the shiny now. Very impressive.

Heh, shiny shinies.

Good work! They all look good but my favourite is the scar. Its texture and light effects are just awesome and I think you found the sweetspot between scifi and "reality" there. You also chose a very nice reticle for its scope.
Keep it up! :)

The Vlad is my personal favourite. I tried to keep the lights tame mostly because of package size... I definitely would have gone overboard if it weren't for the looming >100MB package size looming over me. The sight texture took me too long to make. Balancing the opacity of the panner and actual texture, and the general size of it took me days to get to what I was content with. xD

Also, thanks for the help with the code. On top of that, the IJC mutator source code was super helpful when it comes to how to integrate weapons into KF, I recommend anyone interested in doing a similar project to this look at it!

Upvote 0
Here are the replication issue fixes for your weapons

CyberAA12.uc

Removed BringUp
Removed ClientFinishedReloading

Added:
Code:
var int OldAmmoValue;
var int CurAmmoValue;

simulated function WeaponTick(float dt)
{
	if( !bIsReloading )
		AA12HUDUpdate();
	Super.WeaponTick(dt);
}

Updated:
Code:
simulated function AA12HUDUpdate()
{
	CurAmmoValue = MagAmmoRemaining;

if( CurAmmoValue <= 0 )
	{
		Skins[0] = MySkins[5];
	}

if(OldAmmoValue != CurAmmoValue)
	{
		if(CurAmmoValue>15){
		Skins[0] = MySkins[1];
		return;
		}
		if(CurAmmoValue>10){
		Skins[0] = MySkins[2];
		return;
		}
		if(CurAmmoValue>5){
		Skins[0] = MySkins[3];
		return;
		}
		if(CurAmmoValue>=1){
		Skins[0] = MySkins[4];
		return;
		}
		else{
		Skins[0] = MySkins[5];
		}
		OldAmmoValue = CurAmmoValue;
	}
}

CyberAA12.uc

Removed BringUp

Added:
Code:
var int OldAmmoValue;
var int CurAmmoValue;

{
	if( !bIsReloading )
		VladHUDUpdate();
	Super.WeaponTick(dt);
}

Updated:
Code:
simulated function VladHUDUpdate()
{

if( CurAmmoValue <= 0 )
	{
		Skins[0] = MySkins[0];
	}

{
		if(CurAmmoValue>5){
			Skins[0] = MySkins[6];
			return;
		}
		if(CurAmmoValue>4){
			Skins[0] = MySkins[5];
			return;
		}
		if(CurAmmoValue>3){
			Skins[0] = MySkins[4];
			return;
		}
		if(CurAmmoValue>2){
			Skins[0] = MySkins[3];
			return;
		}
		if(CurAmmoValue>1){
			Skins[0] = MySkins[2];
			return;
		}
		if(CurAmmoValue>0){
			Skins[0] = MySkins[1];
			return;
		}
		else{
			Skins[0] = MySkins[0];
			return;
		}
	}
}

CyberSCAR.uc

Removed BringUp

Added:
Code:
var int OldAmmoValue;
var int CurAmmoValue;

{
	if( !bIsReloading )
		SCARHUDUpdate();
	Super.WeaponTick(dt);
}

Updated:
Code:
simulated function SCARHUDUpdate()
{

if( CurAmmoValue <= 0 )
	{
		Skins[0] = MySkins[3];
	}

{
		if(CurAmmoValue>=10){
		Skins[0] = MySkins[0];
		return;
		}
		if(CurAmmoValue>=5){
		Skins[0] = MySkins[1];
		return;
		}
		if(CurAmmoValue>=1){
		Skins[0] = MySkins[2];
		return;
		}
		else{
		Skins[0] = MySkins[3];
		}
	}
}

CyberMK23.uc

Updated:
Code:
function BringUp(optional Weapon PrevWeapon)
to
Code:
simulated function BringUp(optional Weapon PrevWeapon)

CyberMachete.uc

Updated:
Code:
function CheckForTextureChange()
to
Code:
simulated function CheckForTextureChange()

CyberDualMK23.uc

Updated:
Code:
to
Code:

Upvote 0
Omg it's back from the dead!

Picture looks dull with all those off powered weapons, needs more rainbows.
It hasn't been dead! D: I've been working almost non-stop for the last 9 months (this being the first weapon in the pack to have been made).

This update is going to be awesome too with significant improvements performance-wise, quality-wise and content-wise with the 2 new weapons (Husk Fireball Launcher and Pipebomb)!

Even with the two new weapons, using the magic of optimization, package size has only increased by a couple of megabytes!

And as for the banner - I'm getting some help to make it look a bit nicer; I'm not too good at this self-promotion thing... haha With the help of an awesome friend, it now looks real neato! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It hasn't been dead! D: I've been working almost non-stop for the last 9 months (this being the first weapon in the pack to have been made).

This update is going to be awesome too with significant improvements performance-wise, quality-wise and content-wise with the 2 new weapons (Husk Fireball Launcher and Pipebomb)!

Even with the two new weapons, using the magic of optimization, package size has only increased by a couple of megabytes!

And as for the banner - I'm getting some help to make it look a bit nicer; I'm not too good at this self-promotion thing... haha With the help of an awesome friend, it now looks real neato! :D

Looks amazing!

How far off is the new update??

Oh, and please submit to the whitelist thread if you haven't already!

Too bad Tripwire is never EVER going to make this "official content" as part of the game, because otherwise how could they charge EIGHT FREAKIN' DOLLARS off of reskins that probably took them not even 1 day to make? (COME ON!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks amazing!

How far off is the new update??

Oh, and please submit to the whitelist thread if you haven't already!

Too bad Tripwire is never EVER going to make this "official content" as part of the game, because otherwise how could they charge EIGHT FREAKIN' DOLLARS off of reskins that probably took them not even 1 day to make? (COME ON!)
I don't wanna lie to ya, but the pack has been done for a couple of weeks! I've just been waiting on a couple of things before releasing it. Buuuuuuuuuuut... everything is good to go now! I'll be posting again later today when the first post is updated for V4!

I will be submitting this for whitelisting immediately after I post V4!

Last edited:
Upvote 0