• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Potential Trouble Concerning Graphics Card

Dr Phenomenous

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 11, 2009
I own a Compaq Presario C771US with a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100. My problem is that I have no idea how good this chip actually is. I can run Warcraft 3 with most max settings at what seems to be 30 frames per second, and can run Half-Life 2 for the most part, despite it chugging when I look at say....too many buildings. In any case, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if I'll be able to run this excellent looking game, and if I can't, how I can switch the graphics chip on this otherwise decent notebook.
I wish a demo would be out to try myself but I read Tripwire doesn't plan on releasing one, so thanks to anyone willing to help, in advance.

I don't think there will be an awful lot you can do about upgrading your graphics chip without getting a different laptop...

however...

If you can run Half Life 2 reasonably well on this laptop, you'll probably find that this game runs a bit better than that as the UE2.5 engine has lower system requirements.

Upvote 0