Potential Trouble Concerning Graphics Card

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Dr Phenomenous

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 11, 2009
I own a Compaq Presario C771US with a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100. My problem is that I have no idea how good this chip actually is. I can run Warcraft 3 with most max settings at what seems to be 30 frames per second, and can run Half-Life 2 for the most part, despite it chugging when I look at say....too many buildings. In any case, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if I'll be able to run this excellent looking game, and if I can't, how I can switch the graphics chip on this otherwise decent notebook.
I wish a demo would be out to try myself but I read Tripwire doesn't plan on releasing one, so thanks to anyone willing to help, in advance.

M3tabolic

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 23, 2009
I don't think there will be an awful lot you can do about upgrading your graphics chip without getting a different laptop...

however...

If you can run Half Life 2 reasonably well on this laptop, you'll probably find that this game runs a bit better than that as the UE2.5 engine has lower system requirements.