• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Potential Fixes For Loading Issues

Hi im new and I have a problem, I go to run the killing floor (That I just got) and it said:

Runtime Error!

Program:
...am\steamapps\common\killingfloor\Systam\KillingFloor.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

If someone had the same problem or knows how to fix it pleas let me know.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
While I'm not sure this fits here, I'm asking this on behalf of a friend of mine that I gave a guest pass to. He just downloaded the game and tried starting it for the first time, but literally nothing happens, aside from the STEAM news coming back and inviting him to buy the game. Has anyone reported this on XP OSs?

Upvote 0
Fresh News updated FIX CROSSFIRE ?!?!?!

Fresh News updated FIX CROSSFIRE ?!?!?!

Hey TWI coder's, i might have a potentiel fix for the Direct X9 issue + Crossfire "FREEZE OF DEATH". B4 i make a move id like to have an opinion about that, is that a scam or it would work for real,

Here is the Post thread Found HERE !!!

UPDATE: 11.11 has fixed both Killing Floor and Red Orchestra. This fix is not needed anymore.
Looks like Catalyst 11.10 has extremely high gpu usage in Killing Floor, so it struggles to maintain a solid framerate when there

Upvote 0
I've tryed everything on this form and no help. My problem is not a long loading time. When I launch the game it says the standard "prepairing to launch" then nothing. I have spent days trying all the methods i could find i would really appreciate some help. If you feel like posting ideas ill tell you if i have tryed them or not

Upvote 0
Hey, I'm trying to solve this issue, I can't load the game, I've reinstalled it, updated graphics drivers, tried to delete killingfloor.ini file, as recommended by someone on here, (I couldn't find the file he was talking about) and I still can't get the game to work, any ideas? Really appreciate it if you can help...

Thanks

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3296 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: No Video

General protection fault!

History: UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
Another thing that you can try that fixed freezing and black loading screens for me was, to run KillingFloor.exe in compatibility mode for XP. Not the shortcut, cause then steam will load in compat mode too, but just the exe in the killing floor system folder. Never freezes on loading screens for me, worth a shot if you have that issue. I run windows 7 64 bit also.

Upvote 0