• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Potential Fixes For Loading Issues

Na'Ryan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 5, 2009
United Kingdom
Has anyone else noticed that you never get the loading problem if you are a spectator in the game?

Yesterday on my server I was a spectator for 7 maps and it loaded the maps just fine.

Yet when I am playing on my server I get the loading problem (usually) from the 3rd map (sometimes 2nd, sometimes 4th)

YFGHNG

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 30, 2010
OCD
For me it happens on and off. Still haven't figured out what causes it, but sometimes, I load within like 10 seconds, and other times, it takes up to 3 minutes to load. Even past the 2nd wave.

omarfw

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 13, 2009
Here Be Dragons
www.last.fm
For me it happens on and off. Still haven't figured out what causes it, but sometimes, I load within like 10 seconds, and other times, it takes up to 3 minutes to load. Even past the 2nd wave.
if the map is just in your cache, it will take longer to load then if you have a hard copy of the map

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
if the map is just in your cache, it will take longer to load then if you have a hard copy of the map
It generally shouldn't really matter, the only logical reason for that would be if the hard disc would be fragmented so new maps get split over the hard disc.

mamoo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 19, 2009
East Sussex, England
I experience longer load times than usual on occasion, and I find that if you think the map is taking longer to load than usual, clicking the left mouse button makes it load in the next few seconds. I haven't confirmed this on other machines but it works for mine.

TheKillerLemon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 7, 2011
Hi im new and I have a problem, I go to run the killing floor (That I just got) and it said:

Runtime Error!

Program:
...am\steamapps\common\killingfloor\Systam\KillingFloor.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

If someone had the same problem or knows how to fix it pleas let me know.

Thank you.

NFSRacer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 23, 2011
While I'm not sure this fits here, I'm asking this on behalf of a friend of mine that I gave a guest pass to. He just downloaded the game and tried starting it for the first time, but literally nothing happens, aside from the STEAM news coming back and inviting him to buy the game. Has anyone reported this on XP OSs?

phixxion

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 15, 2011
Mtl
Fresh News updated FIX CROSSFIRE ?!?!?!

Fresh News updated FIX CROSSFIRE ?!?!?!

Hey TWI coder's, i might have a potentiel fix for the Direct X9 issue + Crossfire "FREEZE OF DEATH". B4 i make a move id like to have an opinion about that, is that a scam or it would work for real,

Here is the Post thread Found HERE !!!

UPDATE: 11.11 has fixed both Killing Floor and Red Orchestra. This fix is not needed anymore.
Looks like Catalyst 11.10 has extremely high gpu usage in Killing Floor, so it struggles to maintain a solid framerate when there

reaper42

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 16, 2012
im not having problems loading but i am having problems making connections to any server, how do i fix this, i just bought this game i really would like to get my moneys worth of play out of it

Bananaramic

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 29, 2012
I've tryed everything on this form and no help. My problem is not a long loading time. When I launch the game it says the standard "prepairing to launch" then nothing. I have spent days trying all the methods i could find i would really appreciate some help. If you feel like posting ideas ill tell you if i have tryed them or not

Killingfloor1978

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 18, 2013
Hey, I'm trying to solve this issue, I can't load the game, I've reinstalled it, updated graphics drivers, tried to delete killingfloor.ini file, as recommended by someone on here, (I couldn't find the file he was talking about) and I still can't get the game to work, any ideas? Really appreciate it if you can help...

Thanks

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3296 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: No Video

General protection fault!

History: UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

GrayveRose

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 11, 2011
soundcloud.com
Another thing that you can try that fixed freezing and black loading screens for me was, to run KillingFloor.exe in compatibility mode for XP. Not the shortcut, cause then steam will load in compat mode too, but just the exe in the killing floor system folder. Never freezes on loading screens for me, worth a shot if you have that issue. I run windows 7 64 bit also.