• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Post your PC specs...

ooook
That would've been the fourth thing I said.

lol winning and cocaine

Bro, for the past 5 years im the opposite of winning and as for cocaine uhh lets just say I dont like it, could count with 1 hand the times I tried it and its either good **** that only hits you for 20 min or its pilsbury doughboy crap nose garbage. **** it. Junkie crap.

Notice my MG42 beer thread. I stick to that and sometimes uhh Bob Marley if you know what I mean :)

Upvote 0
Ahh yes. I can understand that.

Hehe, you euros, if you only knew how good the Bob Marley is over here, especially from the west coast. ;)

When I lived in europe 50% of it was crap that made you cough up a lung. And the uhh h4shish half of the time was truck rubber unless you got a good hookup then it was fun. Nothing like stinking up my stalinists friends bar with a microgram of it in a j and him calling me a hippy lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont know why you would prioritize CPU over GPU for a gaming computer. Take into considerations high rez and AA and CPu doesnt matter its video that matters.

Because some CPU intensive games exists in which the difference is huge as it drags on? And if one intends to have multifunctional pc that can be used in gaming and video editing\rendering\stuff?

And if someone wishes to go completely overkill with their rig and they have money for it (to which I will note Mr Moe's rig seems to be at first glance) it's one's loss in the end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LOL, out of all your crap I just stopped at the 4k part,.........SVR DOES NOT REQUIER A 4k MONITOR GENIUS. Yet again cherry pick what you want like typical forum debater, wheres your response for AA? Does that requier a 4k monitor as well? Does that requier 50 xeons? I dont think so. All GPU dependant.

Again, if you can read, all I say about 4K is that I don't have monitors that support it, and I doubt the majority of players out there do either. I mention nothing else about it, and I really don't know where you are coming up that I am arguing with you that SVR requires 4K or some of the other things you say. Please enlighten me where I mention that or that I am questioning you there. For all I know you are correct, so you are arguing with me on a point that I neither agree or disagree or even brought up with you. Are you sure you aren't thinking of a conversation with someone else?

Seriously, where am I arguing anything about 4k with you???

Sorry but you just proved you dont know much about hardware. And no you dont know what draw calls are nor do you understand how game engine programing works

I have never claimed I was some hardware genius like you are trying to tell us you are. And yet, you seem to be telling me that I am claiming that I am ???

Yes, I know what Draw Calls are, no I do not understand exactly how game engine programing works, but then I never claimed to, so.... why do you think I am telling you that I do???

All I am saying that your advice does not work for everyone when it comes to what they want to build and put into their PC.

Now get back on topic or can it, better yet just stay out of here this is my thread, you already turned this into a pissing contest cause I proved you wrong. I would report you for insults and flamebaiting but im not even gonna bother cause I know you wont even get a slap on the wrist. Have a nice day. And Ill repeat myself when you know what I know then talk

Perhaps you should read what you are writing, and then tell me who is insulting who, who is flame baiting who. And finally, who is the one that starts arguing when a player comments that your hardware 'advice' does not apply to the computer that they built/want to build.

Because some CPU intensive games exists in which the difference is huge as it drags on? And if one intends to have multifunctional pc that can be used in gaming and video editing\rendering\stuff?

And if someone wishes to go completely overkill with their rig and they have money for it (to which I will note Mr Moe's rig seems to be at first glance) it's one's loss in the end.

Correct and thank you. For the minimal difference in price, I went with a better but nowhere near the expensive top of the line CPU. Apparently though my GPU doesn't perform up to someone's expectations and they think I should have spent a lot more money, because the next step up in GPUs would have been a considerable price increase for zero gain in my system.

Now why should I or anyone else spend a considerable (not minimal as noted with my CPU) amount of money on something that won't matter for them, unless they wanted to of course; I will never try to tell someone how they should or shouldn't spend their money and I don't think others should be suggesting people should spend more either without explaining the pros and cons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeah and the CPU intensive games are now multithreaded which means any decent CPU should handle them even a 2500K or especially an 8 core AMD which costs pennies. But lets not get into an amd vs intel war.

As for multifunctional, ding dong, are we talking that or gaming rig?
Again, if you can read, all I say about 4K is that I don't have monitors that support it, and I doubt the majority of players out there do either. I mention nothing else about it, and I really don't know where you are coming up that I am arguing with you that SVR requires 4K or some of the other things you say. Please enlighten me where I mention that or that I am questioning you there. For all I know you are correct, so you are arguing with me on a point that I neither agree or disagree or even brought up with you. Are you sure you aren't thinking of a conversation with someone else?

Seriously, where am I arguing anything about 4k with you???

I have never claimed I was some hardware genius like you are trying to tell us you are. And yet, you seem to be telling me that I am claiming that I am ???

Yes, I know what Draw Calls are, no I do not understand exactly how game engine programing works, but then I never claimed to, so.... why do you think I am telling you that I do???

All I am saying that your advice does not work for everyone when it comes to what they want to build and put into their PC.

Perhaps you should read what you are writing, and then tell me who is insulting who, who is flame baiting who. And finally, who is the one that starts arguing when a player comments that your hardware 'advice' does not apply to the computer that they built/want to build.

Correct and thank you. For the minimal difference in price, I went with a better but nowhere near the expensive top of the line CPU. Apparently though my GPU doesn't perform up to someone's expectations and they think I should have spent a lot more money, because the next step up in GPUs would have been a considerable price increase for zero gain in my system.

Now why should I or anyone else spend a considerable (not minimal as noted with my CPU) amount of money on something that won't matter for them, unless they wanted to of course; I will never try to tell someone how they should or shouldn't spend their money and I don't think others should be suggesting people should spend more either without explaining the pros and cons.

Yet again I stopped at 4k. READING COMPREHENSION.

Go friggen look up what VSR stands for please ohh please. cause guess what I dont have a 4k either......... its VIRTUAL SUPER RESOLUTION. So your whole "ohh the majority of gamers dont have 4k monitors" rhetoric has just been thrown down the drain.

ITS VIRTUAL 4k NOT REAL 4k BUT IT STILL REQUIERS HIGH END GPU. It doesnt matter anyways, even last year before it existed, well it did in BF4 only in that game its called resolution scalling. Anyways before it existed there are a million things to tweak on a gpu that are dependant on its power not only VSR. Im tired of this charade moe. I simply clamied from the begining that in a GAMING rig gpu should be priority and you have derailed my thread for 2 pages. Its like n00b that but a 50 dollar video card with the highest end CPU and think they can game.

As for the rest rant all you want from now on im not even gonna bother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LOL, out of all your crap I just stopped at the 4k part,.........SVR DOES NOT REQUIER A 4k MONITOR GENIUS.

Go friggen look up what VSR stands for please ohh please. cause guess what I dont have a 4k either......... its VIRTUAL SUPER RESOLUTION. So your whole "ohh the majority of gamers dont have 4k monitors" rhetoric has just been thrown down the drain.

I will add, and it could have cleared up some of the debate on your end for me and others, that if you proof read what you are writing I would not have been looking up SVR to begin with. And of course since I am using NVIDIA, I have the *Dynamic Super Resolution to choose from... :p

EDIT: Since I have had it (DSR) set in the control panel, I have noted that in RO2 there are some textures that actually do look much crisper and clearer in the game. Oddly enough with screen shots of those same textures, the screenies don't look as good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LOL wtf is the point of this thread, is this just for you to brag about your tech school degrees? I see how it is.

I have formed my strategy for buying and upgrading a computer through 30 years of buying and upgrading computers, trial and error. And in MY world, buying a top of the line GPU on a new comp is like maxing your RAM on a new comp - a waste of money for what you actually get and need. Yes I've bought expensive ones before and been disappointed with the bang for my buck. It's just too easy and cheap to upgrade later when you actually notice improvable performance.

But hey, who am I to argue with a tech support dude? lol

Upvote 0
I will add, and it could have cleared up some of the debate on your end for me and others, that if you proof read what you are writing I would not have been looking up SVR to begin with. And of course since I am using NVIDIA, I have the *Dynamic Super Resolution to choose from... :p

EDIT: Since I have had it (DSR) set in the control panel, I have noted that in RO2 there are some textures that actually do look much crisper and clearer in the game. Oddly enough with screen shots of those same textures, the screenies don't look as good.

VSR typos ok

LOL wtf is the point of this thread, is this just for you to brag about your tech school degrees? I see how it is.

I have formed my strategy for buying and upgrading a computer through 30 years of buying and upgrading computers, trial and error. And in MY world, buying a top of the line GPU on a new comp is like maxing your RAM on a new comp - a waste of money for what you actually get and need. Yes I've bought expensive ones before and been disappointed with the bang for my buck. It's just too easy and cheap to upgrade later when you actually notice improvable performance.

But hey, who am I to argue with a tech support dude? lol
Tech support? lol any n00b can do that

Jank were talking gaming computers not any kind of comptuter,, my speciallty is consulting what parts to choose for what kind of computer. Yet again were talking gaming here

You were dead wrong that a mid range card can handle any game and even more dead wrong comparing a high end card to maxing RAM. There is no such thing as overkill with GPU on a gaming rig, there will always be ways to increase visual quality to bring the card to its knees even with 4 in sli/crossfire. As for maxing out RAM yet again depending what kind of computer you are making, some computers can use all those slots filled and will benefit like video editing. Or if you run a RAMdisk or if you are a professional that runs 10000 VMs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0