• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Post your PC specs...

After 8 years, new computer just completed this month with a couple of old accessories :D

Cooler Master HAF 922 Mid Tower Case
Intel i7 4790k CPU
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC Force 1150 Motherboard
MSI GTX 970 Gaming Twin Frozr 4GB GPU
HT Omega eClaro 7.1 PCIe Sound Card
32GB GSKILL Trident X Series DDR3 SDRAM
1 TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
2 TB Western Digital Black HDD
1 TB Western Digital Black HDD
LG Black BluRay Writer
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W PSU
Cooler Master Nepton 120XL CPU Cooler
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Speakers with 15" Subwoofer
Logitech G5 Gaming Mouse
Logitech (basic) Keyboard
Logitech (basic) Mic
Acer H243H 24" Monitor
Samsung 2333HD 23" Monitor
Windows 7 Professional

Pretty nice, but you could have skimped on PSU and CPU. 1000W is overkill for a single video card and the CPU is too, with the money saved you could have got better video. I mean I am an AMD guy myself, but for an intel rig thats not bad just not prioritized correctly. GPU should be priority. As for 32 gigz of RAM id say thats overkill too unless your running a RAMdisk.

Upvote 0
lol
Add a better video card some more RAM and your good to go, Id recommend for this game at least a 270x

I've been saving up for a whole new build since my laptop was stolen many months ago. I'm just using these desktops I find for older games I still play, so it's fine as-is right now. I figured I might wait until KF2 comes out to finally buy my new PC parts.

Upvote 0
Pretty nice, but you could have skimped on PSU and CPU. 1000W is overkill for a single video card and the CPU is too, with the money saved you could have got better video. I mean I am an AMD guy myself, but for an intel rig thats not bad just not prioritized correctly. GPU should be priority. As for 32 gigz of RAM id say thats overkill too unless your running a RAMdisk.

I never thought that with building my own computer, I should just get a PSU or CPU that was just good enough. I plan on keeping the computer for years and graphic cards are the easiest to add extra and/or replace. With that in mind, for me the CPU will ALWAYS be a priority over any GPU :D

Upvote 0
I never thought that with building my own computer, I should just get a PSU or CPU that was just good enough. I plan on keeping the computer for years and graphic cards are the easiest to add extra and/or replace. With that in mind, for me the CPU will ALWAYS be a priority over any GPU :D

Hey your talking to a hardware tech. OF course when gaming GPU should be the main priority if your a gamer. Yes it can be swapped out but in many cases by the time you need to do that your CPU will be a bottleneck.

I never said good enough for CPU, I said skimp a bit, that CPU is overkill. Heck even my 8350@ 4.7 is overkill right now. Just think about it, you could have got a 980 or 290x with the money saved. With those your gaming experience would be suprior.

As for the PSU yes that is major overkill. 700-800 W would have been sufficient. 1000W would only be necesary for SLI or crossfire. Dont get me wrong its a GOOD psu but you could have got a lesser wattage version and saved money

Upvote 0
Hey your talking to a hardware tech. OF course when gaming GPU should be the main priority if your a gamer. Yes it can be swapped out but in many cases by the time you need to do that your CPU will be a bottleneck.

Well, when I add another GPU, I guess my CPU won't be a bottleneck then :D

I never said good enough for CPU, I said skimp a bit, that CPU is overkill. Heck even my 8350@ 4.7 is overkill right now. Just think about it, you could have got a 980 or 290x with the money saved. With those your gaming experience would be suprior.

And how will that be in a few years? I'm future proofing :p

The cheapest GTX 980 was at least $200 more than the GTX 970 and the 'boost' it would have given wouldn't have been worth it for the extra money considering in 2-5 years I could get a much better upgraded GPU. Never will touch AMD (ATI) again...

As for the PSU yes that is major overkill. 700-800 W would have been sufficient. 1000W would only be necesary for SLI or crossfire. Dont get me wrong its a GOOD psu but you could have got a lesser wattage version and saved money

I think you missed the part where I could add another GPU. I don't have or need another now because the GTX 970 already crushes everything I'm playing now without breaking a sweat.

Bottom line, I appreciate the advice, but again, the easiest thing to add another/or replace would be the GPU. Barring any hardware failures, I could do that easily. When I do a build, I expect it to last me 4-8 years. Because of the 4-8 years deal, $100-$300 savings means nothing in the long run (which is all I would have really saved going cheaper with your advice)... and then maybe I'd be looking at replacing things 3-6 years instead. Besides, going cheaper on things like the CPU might mean in the future to upgrade that I need to go to a whole other socket and then I need a MB too.

PS: You are a little too hung up on the GPU.

Upvote 0
Well, when I add another GPU, I guess my CPU won't be a bottleneck then :D

And how will that be in a few years? I'm future proofing :p

The cheapest GTX 980 was at least $200 more than the GTX 970 and the 'boost' it would have given wouldn't have been worth it for the extra money considering in 2-5 years I could get a much better upgraded GPU. Never will touch AMD (ATI) again...

I think you missed the part where I could add another GPU. I don't have or need another now because the GTX 970 already crushes everything I'm playing now without breaking a sweat.

Bottom line, I appreciate the advice, but again, the easiest thing to add another/or replace would be the GPU. Barring any hardware failures, I could do that easily. When I do a build, I expect it to last me 4-8 years. Because of the 4-8 years deal, $100-$300 savings means nothing in the long run (which is all I would have really saved going cheaper with your advice)... and then maybe I'd be looking at replacing things 3-6 years instead. Besides, going cheaper on things like the CPU might mean in the future to upgrade that I need to go to a whole other socket and then I need a MB too.

PS: You are a little too hung up on the GPU.

Well if your planning on adding another GPU then the PSU is fine. Yes future proofing would have been better with higher end GPU right now not later on. As for AMD why not touch it? Im the other way around. My first CPU was a 333 mhz celey 16 years ago and it was a POS. Upgraded to AMD thx to the first Hitman game and never looked back. In fact back then AMD performed better and in general were more fun especially when it came to overclocking. As for their video, with ati I will admit I never had an intrest due to driver issues. But since AMD themselves bought ATI its improved a lot and they are just as good or if not better then nvidia. Nvidia is overpriced if you ask me. A 980 costs almost twice as much as a 290x and barely performs much better not to mention that the 970 AND I think the 980 as well have a bug in the VRAM when more then 3.5 gb is used where performance goes down drastically.

But the reason I boycotted nvidia is not due to the above, its due to what happen with physx some years ago. A company callled AGEIA started physx with a dedicated "PPU" physics processing unit. It had a PCI interface. Then nvidia basically stole it from them ala typical capitalist buyout which is in reality theft, but yet again if you pay money for a copyright its yours then right? But wait that didnt annoy me. what annoyed me was that nvidia had the friggen nerve to NOT ALLOW even AGEIA card users to run phyx if an AMD video card was present on system. That should be illegal. I can understand them doing that with their own hardware such an nvidia card. But if you already owned an AGEIA what gives them the right to say "hey sorry we pwn this now and you cant use it if you use AMD video" that is horse**** and really caused my boycott of nvidia.

Been using AMD video since DX 11 came out and couldnt be happier.

Upvote 0
ef07c66abe.png

CPU running at 4.3Ghz

Upvote 0

Same here. GPUs are a fast-depreciating item. And they all fit so upgrading one is always easy and usually a cheap bang for the buck.

CPUs on the other hand are something most people (myself included) do not ever plan to upgrade. Often upgrading one requires a new motherboard, as by the time it's obsolete the sockets or architecture have changed. Myself, I figure by the time my CPU is obsolete, I'm scrapping the whole thing and buying a new rig. About every 5 or 6 years. So I buy an almost-top-of-the-line CPU (top of the line being a ridiculously diminished return)

My plan when computer shopping is: high end CPU, high end PSU (the tribulations and troubles that directly precede the realization that you need to upgrade a PSU is painful compared to GPU), and a mid-range GPU and RAM load. RAM is another thing that just gets so cheap so fast, it's not worth shelling out a lot at the start.

Upvote 0
Same here. GPUs are a fast-depreciating item. And they all fit so upgrading one is always easy and usually a cheap bang for the buck.

CPUs on the other hand are something most people (myself included) do not ever plan to upgrade. Often upgrading one requires a new motherboard, as by the time it's obsolete the sockets or architecture have changed. Myself, I figure by the time my CPU is obsolete, I'm scrapping the whole thing and buying a new rig. About every 5 or 6 years. So I buy an almost-top-of-the-line CPU (top of the line being a ridiculously diminished return)

My plan when computer shopping is: high end CPU, high end PSU (the tribulations and troubles that directly precede the realization that you need to upgrade a PSU is painful compared to GPU), and a mid-range GPU and RAM load. RAM is another thing that just gets so cheap so fast, it's not worth shelling out a lot at the start.
That proves my point..... concerning the GPU. PSUs? I havent needed to upgrade mine in almost 6 years its 775W and still handle anything I throw at it with 64 AMPS on 12 v line.

I dont know why you would prioritize CPU over GPU for a gaming computer. Take into considerations high rez and AA and CPu doesnt matter its video that matters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That proves my point..... concerning the GPU. PSUs? I havent needed to upgrade mine in almost 6 years its 775W and still handle anything I throw at it with 64 AMPS on 12 v line.

I dont know why you would prioritize CPU over GPU for a gaming computer. Take into considerations high rez and AA and CPu doesnt matter its video that matters.

No, it doesn't prove your point at all, all it says is that you are glossing over everyone else point because it doesn't agree with yours, see below. As far as PSU's, I find ZERO problem with spending maybe $20-30 more for a better rated PSU that happens to have more power so I may expand in the future if I so choose.

And again, the GPU is the easiest to replace or expand upon if needed. Jank explained it better than I so I will quote his post, not to mention its mostly my thoughts as well when getting a new computer.

So, again tell us why we should spend a whole lot more money now on a top of the line GPU, when most any decent GPU now will run games on max settings, and in a couple of years if we wanted, we could add to or replace the current GPU with something newer and better, at less cost in the end, without disturbing the rest of the computer with a new CPU and/or motherboard? :D

I feel the foundations of a good computer are the MB, CPU, and the PSU. As long as you have that and no hardware problems, GPUs, Sound Cards, etc are all things that can be added or upgraded to that foundation if needed. Building your computer around a GPU sounds like a rookie mistake that someone would make if they are trying to call themselves a gamer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, it doesn't prove your point at all, all it says is that you are glossing over everyone else point because it doesn't agree with yours, see below. As far as PSU's, I find ZERO problem with spending maybe $20-30 more for a better rated PSU that happens to have more power so I may expand in the future if I so choose.

And again, the GPU is the easiest to replace or expand upon if needed. Jank explained it better than I so I will quote his post, not to mention its mostly my thoughts as well when getting a new computer.

So, again tell us why we should spend a whole lot more money now on a top of the line GPU, when most any decent GPU now will run games on max settings, and in a couple of years if we wanted, we could add to or replace the current GPU with something newer and better, at less cost in the end, without disturbing the rest of the computer with a new CPU and/or motherboard? :D

I feel the foundations of a good computer are the MB, CPU, and the PSU. As long as you have that and no hardware problems, GPUs, Sound Cards, etc are all things that can be added or upgraded to that foundation if needed. Building your computer around a GPU sounds like a rookie mistake that someone would make if they are trying to call themselves a gamer.

This has nothing to do with opinions, this has to do with facts, and when you have 2 degrees in hardware like me then you can try and passively aggresivly argue with me... :)

Thank you

a mid-range GPU right now will smoke every game on the market right now.

Dead wrong

In any case back on topic, over 16 years I have had enough hardware debates, god forbid AMD vs intel which I wont even get into here. Post your specs, dont argue with me. If you want to waste money on overkill be my guest, my extra frame rate in game im happy with by prioritizing the right part. Gonna do video editing or anything CPU intensive then go buy quad xeons. but for a gaming rig GPU is king priority, why? Cause comrade Zakarro says so :D

Seriously do your homework, that statment of mid range cards from Jank is dead wrong. Both of you I think lack the hardware or knowledge of coding games and what draw calls are to understand why CPU never was and now with mantle or DX12 or Open GL be a priority. Do your homework and maybe we wont derail this thread into a pissing contest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Couldn't care less if you had 10 degrees, your advice would not work for many people. I would certainly not use yours, going over the math I'd spend more money in the end with your method for ZERO noticeable visual gain other than perhaps a tiny fps counter in the corner of yours says you are getting 150fps and I am only getting maybe 120fps. :p

For the record, I still have my old computer running a Q6600 (8 yr old) and a GTX560 ti (3-4 yr old). Using that rig I have been able to run all the games I have had on maximum settings. I'm not saying I'm getting screaming high frame rates out of it, but it sure looks like I could get away with an older GPU that doesn't even measure up to a mid range one now.

So ultimately in the end, if you completely disregard price, yeah a top of the line GPU will beat out a slightly lower end one. Will you notice the difference? Only if you think having a higher number on your fps counter will make you feel better when you e-brag. Add in the fact that a top of the line GPU is not worth the cost difference to the next in line and your argument falls flat.

Could you imagine how much I would be throwing you for a loop if I told you I had bought an Extreme Edition i7 that cost three times as much as the i7 I did buy :D

Upvote 0
Couldn't care less if you had 10 degrees, your advice would not work for many people. I would certainly not use yours, going over the math I'd spend more money in the end with your method for ZERO noticeable visual gain other than perhaps a tiny fps counter in the corner of yours says you are getting 150fps and I am only getting maybe 120fps. :p

For the record, I still have my old computer running a Q6600 (8 yr old) and a GTX560 ti (3-4 yr old). Using that rig I have been able to run all the games I have had on maximum settings. I'm not saying I'm getting screaming high frame rates out of it, but it sure looks like I could get away with an older GPU that doesn't even measure up to a mid range one now.

So ultimately in the end, if you completely disregard price, yeah a top of the line GPU will beat out a slightly lower end one. Will you notice the difference? Only if you think having a higher number on your fps counter will make you feel better when you e-brag. Add in the fact that a top of the line GPU is not worth the cost difference to the next in line and your argument falls flat.

Could you imagine how much I would be throwing you for a loop if I told you I had bought an Extreme Edition i7 that cost three times as much as the i7 I did buy :D

Q6600 rig can run all games at max? Horsecrap, unless your consier 20 fps acceptable.

2) My advice does work, my 2nd profession was IT sales so umm...
3)Your math is ludicrous, im not talking raw fps numbers, yet again sorry but you sound like you dont know much about hardware. Do you know what AA is? Do you know what SVR is and how both relate to vram bandwith and size? A mid range card dont handle it. SVR which is now on AMD and soon on nvidia requier high end cards.

4)Zero noticeable video gain? . SVR virtually increases your resolution beyond your monitors capabilitys to almost 4k. Which im sorry to say is GPU dependant not CPU. Your rant is ridicouolous, in fact it would apply to AMD vs intel since thats all intel does is give slightly better performance. By my point is try playing at near 4k rez with what Jank mentioned, lets see if you notice "ZERO" difference.

You may not care how many certifications I have that doesnt change the fact that I know what im talking about. Like I said go piss your money away. Ill repeat myself dont derail this thread moe, you are clueless, your rig is built off the classic "ohh my engine is so big" mentality. Mine that probably cost 50% less will perform better, why? because I prioritized GPU. If you would have got a 980 or 290x then you would be in the right territory. Like I said learn what draw calls are, or should I explain it to you? Draw calls are how many calls it takes for a 3d image to be rendered from CPU. 13 years ago before multicore cpus and multithreading your argument would be correct to go for highest cpu posible. but now no. We have more then enough with modern CPUs, DX12 and Mantle and Open GL all reduce the draw calls from GPU to CPU which means YOU DONT NEED A FRIGGEN monster CPU to get optimal frame rate. the coding is optimized for whatever you have, and if you take janks advice and use a mid range GPU then you will be limited I can assure you taht even if you have a gazzilion i7s in cloud compute. Gabbish or do I have to laser burn it to your brain?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My Home PC

- 2x Asus IPS 27"
- 1x Sony Bravia 32"
- Corsair 600T White
- MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
- 2x Asus GTX 970 SLI
- Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz
- 16GB Corsair Ripjaw RAM
- Corsair RM 1000W 80+ Gold
- 4TB Seagate Barracuda
- 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

Peripherals

- Logitech G501 Mouse
- Logitech G710+ Keyboard
- Steel Series Siberia Elite V2

:)

Upvote 0
Q6600 rig can run all games at max? Horsecrap, unless your consier 20 fps acceptable.

Reading comprehension, you apparently don't have it. All the games I have that I have an interest in playing, Witcher 2, Skyrim, RO2. Yes, I have them all on Maximum settings (exception Witcher 2, there is one texture setting that can go insanely high that is one step down from the highest)... And no, not at 20 fps. BTW it is overclocked. Definitely one of best CPU's of its day.

2) My advice does work, my 2nd profession was IT sales so umm...

OK, but I am not buying anything from you, so that means... what? :rolleyes:

3)Your math is ludicrous, im not talking raw fps numbers, yet again sorry but you sound like you dont know much about hardware. Do you know what AA is? Do you know what SVR is and how both relate to vram bandwith and size? A mid range card dont handle it. SVR which is now on AMD and soon on nvidia requier high end cards.

Some of that I know, some only vaguely familiar with.

4)Zero noticeable video gain? . SVR virtually increases your resolution beyond your monitors capabilitys to almost 4k. Which im sorry to say is GPU dependant not CPU. Your rant is ridicouolous, in fact it would apply to AMD vs intel since thats all intel does is give slightly better performance. By my point is try playing at near 4k rez with what Jank mentioned, lets see if you notice "ZERO" difference.

Because I have a 4k monitor like every other player out there does, Oh Wait I don't and neither do most other players so it is a non-issue. So again, I can acknowledge that a higher end GPU is better (ignoring cost etc) than one lower than that (a no brainer for everyone)

You may not care how many certifications I have that doesnt change the fact that I know what im talking about. Like I said go piss your money away. Ill repeat myself dont derail this thread moe, you are clueless, your rig is built off the classic "ohh my engine is so big" mentality. Mine that probably cost 50% less will perform better, why? because I prioritized GPU. If you would have got a 980 or 290x then you would be in the right territory. Like I said learn what draw calls are, or should I explain it to you? Draw calls are how many calls it takes for a 3d image to be rendered from CPU. 13 years ago before multicore cpus and multithreading your argument would be correct to go for highest cpu posible. but now no. We have more then enough with modern CPUs, DX12 and Mantle and Open GL all reduce the draw calls from GPU to CPU which means YOU DONT NEED A FRIGGEN monster CPU to get optimal frame rate. the coding is optimized for whatever you have, and if you take janks advice and use a mid range GPU then you will be limited I can assure you taht even if you have a gazzilion i7s in cloud compute. Gabbish or do I have to laser burn it to your brain?

And your... "My GPU is so big"... :D Listen to yourself. Someone doesn't agree with your 'credentials' and its gotten your panties all up in a bunch. And yes, I am aware of Draw Calls, go back a few years in the forums and you will see others and myself discussing those things.

And, for the record, besides the reason I mention I bought that i7 (not the highest end one out there as you clearly know)? Simply because I wanted to and it wasn't much more than some of the ones weaker than it. That difference wasn't any where's near as high a difference in price from the 970 to the 980. That of course which has been mentioned can easily be replaced with a newer card a few years down the road for that difference in price. I didn't buy that one for the reason you think I did, because I was thinking "uh duh, bigger cpu give me more power to graphics oh oh oh (Tim Allen impression)" So poof there goes your theory as to why I bought it. I simply wanted a really good CPU that I could get years out of and it didn't cost but a little more than some of the others I was looking at.

So, to summarize:
- I am not trying to run multiple monitors at 4K.
- Don't need a top of the line GPU that can be easily replaced a few years down the road for money that is close to the price difference from a GTX 970 to GTX 980. In other words well over $200 to the CHEAPEST 980.
- The GTX 970 that I bought blows thru all the games I have on Maximum settings without breaking a sweat and will probably easily run any games I plan on buying in the next couple of years on Maximum settings.
- I did not buy my CPU because I think it will make my GPU go faster/give higher frame rates. I wanted a decent one that should be relevant for some years and the cost difference was fairly negligible compared to others below it.
- Despite Iron Maiden being my favorite band, my favorite song is Alice Cooper's "Wish You Were Here"
- Don't you derail your own thread (which by the way does not mean you get to DICTATE what others think) by being upset when others do not think your advice/comments on their computers agree with what they wanted to build and they let you know that.

--- and finally I actually came back here to comment and say that what I got works for me and while you may have good advice, your advice may not apply to everyone. I was going to say I may have come across a little harsh and didn't want to egg you on too much since I know that in the past you have been thrown on "Vacation" and I didn't think it would be fair for our disagreement to potentially cause something like that... to either of us :) You can take that last bit any way you want to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reading comprehension, you apparently don't have it. All the games I have that I have an interest in playing, Witcher 2, Skyrim, RO2. Yes, I have them all on Maximum settings (exception Witcher 2, there is one texture setting that can go insanely high that is one step down from the highest)... And no, not at 20 fps. BTW it is overclocked. Definitely one of best CPU's of its day.

OK, but I am not buying anything from you, so that means... what? :rolleyes:

Some of that I know, some only vaguely familiar with.

Because I have a 4k monitor like every other player out there does, Oh Wait I don't and neither do most other players so it is a non-issue. So again, I can acknowledge that a higher end GPU is better (ignoring cost etc) than one lower than that (a no brainer for everyone)

And your... "My GPU is so big"... :D Listen to yourself. Someone doesn't agree with your 'credentials' and its gotten your panties all up in a bunch. And yes, I am aware of Draw Calls, go back a few years in the forums and you will see others and myself discussing those things.

And, for the record, besides the reason I mention I bought that i7 (not the highest end one out there as you clearly know)? Simply because I wanted to and it wasn't much more than some of the ones weaker than it. That difference wasn't any where's near as high a difference in price from the 970 to the 980. That of course which has been mentioned can easily be replaced with a newer card a few years down the road for that difference in price. I didn't buy that one for the reason you think I did, because I was thinking "uh duh, bigger cpu give me more power to graphics oh oh oh (Tim Allen impression)" So poof there goes your theory as to why I bought it. I simply wanted a really good CPU that I could get years out of and it didn't cost but a little more than some of the others I was looking at.

So, to summarize:
- I am not trying to run multiple monitors at 4K.
- Don't need a top of the line GPU that can be easily replaced a few years down the road for money that is close to the price difference from a GTX 970 to GTX 980. In other words well over $200 to the CHEAPEST 980.
- The GTX 970 that I bought blows thru all the games I have on Maximum settings without breaking a sweat and will probably easily run any games I plan on buying in the next couple of years on Maximum settings.
- I did not buy my CPU because I think it will make my GPU go faster/give higher frame rates. I wanted a decent one that should be relevant for some years and the cost difference was fairly negligible compared to others below it.
- Despite Iron Maiden being my favorite band, my favorite song is Alice Cooper's "Wish You Were Here"
- Don't you derail your own thread (which by the way does not mean you get to DICTATE what others think) by being upset when others do not think your advice/comments on their computers agree with what they wanted to build and they let you know that.

--- and finally I actually came back here to comment and say that what I got works for me and while you may have good advice, your advice may not apply to everyone. I was going to say I may have come across a little harsh and didn't want to egg you on too much since I know that in the past you have been thrown on "Vacation" and I didn't think it would be fair for our disagreement to potentially cause something like that... to either of us :) You can take that last bit any way you want to.

LOL, out of all your crap I just stopped at the 4k part,.........SVR DOES NOT REQUIER A 4k MONITOR GENIUS. Yet again cherry pick what you want like typical forum debater, wheres your response for AA? Does that requier a 4k monitor as well? Does that requier 50 xeons? I dont think so. All GPU dependant.

Nuff said.
Ohh noes you wouldnt buy anything from me, thats nice but if you were my customer Id convince you in a heartbeat the contrary, your talking to #1 in sales in my part of the state for both OEMs I worked for.

Nice try.

Sorry but you just proved you dont know much about hardware. And no you dont know what draw calls are nor do you understand how game engine programing works

Now get back on topic or can it, better yet just stay out of here this is my thread, you already turned this into a pissing contest cause I proved you wrong. I would report you for insults and flamebaiting but im not even gonna bother cause I know you wont even get a slap on the wrist. Have a nice day. And Ill repeat myself when you know what I know then talk

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My Home PC

- 2x Asus IPS 27"
- 1x Sony Bravia 32"
- Corsair 600T White
- MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
- 2x Asus GTX 970 SLI
- Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz
- 16GB Corsair Ripjaw RAM
- Corsair RM 1000W 80+ Gold
- 4TB Seagate Barracuda
- 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

Peripherals

- Logitech G501 Mouse
- Logitech G710+ Keyboard
- Steel Series Siberia Elite V2

:)

MSI motherboard? bleh

Logitech mouse give more carpel tunel then sewing.

Rest is decent, just make sure you stay up to date on nvidia drivers since the bug with the 970s where if more then 3.5 gb of VRAM is used performance goes DOWN. Supposedly nvidia is gonna fix it, lets see how.

Upvote 0
I've been saving up for a whole new build since my laptop was stolen many months ago. I'm just using these desktops I find for older games I still play, so it's fine as-is right now. I figured I might wait until KF2 comes out to finally buy my new PC parts.

Saving eh? lol The only thing I save is the Charlie Sheen thing if you know what I mean. ;)

Shiat if I were stuck in your position, no gaming rig wow.

Upvote 0