• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Post your desktop.

Nimsky

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach
Looks like Linux is getting more popular every day! That's good. Deeival, are you new to Linux or what?

EDIT: these guys rock my ass off!

Last edited:

Deeival

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2006
FFS Deeival click on the update icon! >.<
I guess I could. :D Ever since the last Kernel **** up I'm kinda reluctant to click that button.

I'm fairly new. I had it installed about a year ago, but I could not get my wireless stuff to work. Then it's been on my laptop since December, and on my desktop for about 2 weeks.

Skew

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 11, 2006
Denmark
I'm getting a hang of Ubuntu now, but there's still something that confuses me... if anyone could help:

How do I list the contents of a folder on my desktop? I thought it was:

ls ~Desktop/School/

But it doesn't work..

Fu. Svedberg

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Sweden
I guess I could. :D Ever since the last Kernel **** up I'm kinda reluctant to click that button.

I'm fairly new. I had it installed about a year ago, but I could not get my wireless stuff to work. Then it's been on my laptop since December, and on my desktop for about 2 weeks.
2.6.17-11 generic kernel seriously reduced my memory usage after the update fix so it installs properly :p

Deeival

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2006
I'm getting a hang of Ubuntu now, but there's still something that confuses me... if anyone could help:

How do I list the contents of a folder on my desktop? I thought it was:

ls ~Desktop/School/

But it doesn't work..
You are missing a "/". "ls ~/Desktop/School" will do it. When you use just "~Desktop" the ~ does nothing.

Capt.Marion

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 12, 2006
Beantown
my laptop desktop, as my desktop PC is out of action right now. (Pending motherboard/driver malfunction.)

I know it's off topic, but would Ubuntu make a good Linux Distribustion to dual-boot with XP should I have to wipe my hard drive and start over (again)?

EDIT: I'd say that Dash-9, Putz, looks purdy good (new paint, probably) but I shudder to think of what the inside of the cab, I guess thats what it is, looks like... they can sometimes be a tad, errr, rough...

Last edited: