• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Post your desktop.

Bobdog

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Texas
It's Valve made. They recreated a lot of Apple ads as part of their announcement of Steam on Mac.

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
my eye spies an ut3 folder on that mac :eek:

Its awesome that KF seems to be going to the mac, but of course the triumph would be that Ro: ost after so many years on its 4th birthday would find its way back to multi platform like it was in the mod.

Last edited:

Bobdog

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Texas
I spy the end of the word "Icculus.org" in the terminal window....thus Ryan Gordon, perhaps?!

Last edited:

Expletive

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2010
Given the X icon on the dock of the teaser screenshot it would seem that the version of KF running under Mac OS X is either using WINE (unlikely if Ryan Gordon a.k.a. Icculus is involved as Bobdog suggests) or that it is using X.org rather than the regular Mac OS X APIs, equally unlikely IMO unless the Mac OS X version is built off a Linux (or other *nix compatible/variant OS) version.

/linuX/gitano

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
germany
So a buddy of mine sent me a cool picture of his desktop I thought you guys might like:
Huh! That screen looks rather promising :) Does yer buddy by any chance have a similar roost folder dwelling around on that hdd as well? Or maybe even a hidden .rohos/ folder?
Btw, the properties of these folders woud be kinda interesting, lemme guess:

Code:
ls -l /Users/icculus/Desktop/
drwxr-xr-x   8 icculus  wheel      272 29 Jan 2006 20:28 roost
drwxr-xr-x   8 icculus  wheel      272 11 Nov 2007 17:45 ut3
:D

Last edited:

PUTZ

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Baltimore, MD, USA

Cima Hill, Mojave National Preserve, California.

Average daily temperature during the summer is 40 C. On this day it was 4 C, and snowing.

Last edited: