• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Post a picture of yourself thread

somone said sword!!! MANOWAR says swords are super sweet!!!

manowar.jpg

homoerotic metal FTW... LAWL

Upvote 0
Hair bands have always ****ed the big one. The only ones even close to acceptable were the ones who were a bit more grungey or ironic.

To illustarte my point - these bands were all big around the time of the NWOBHM (New Wave of British Heavy Metal):

Saxon, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Dio, Whitesnake

Which is the only one of these bands to have stood the test of time and actually have their tracks dropped on the plates at club nights (and I don't mean heavy metal clubs either)?

Yup, Motorhead - and they were definitely not a 'big hair and spandex' band. Most people thought Iron Maiden were a punk band when they came out (i.e. back when they had a clue and Paul Di Anno was the vocalist).

I don't mention American bands (unless it's by mistake) because there are plenty of American bands even worse than Saxon & JP who still make a crust on the July 4th & college irony circuit.

Upvote 0
the only bands that you listed that were hair bands were whitesnake and saxon (who started out as a metal band) and what are you talking about standing the test of time? Iron maiden just put out 2 new albums and are incredibly popular judas priest are working on a new album and are incredibly popular dio just put aout a new album too and are doing pretty well. whitesnake and saxon are gone however (saxon ****ed anyway:))

anyway the point of the hair band was not to stand the test of time, it was to do alot of drugs & girls & crash expensive cars:D besides 80s music was so much better than the music of the 90s (bland rock with mediocre muscisianship FTL)

Upvote 0
Well bullitt, we almost agreed, I disagree about cream of the crop musicians from the eighties. 90's ****ed, 80's ****ed with hair and makeup, go a little further back and you will give yourself a treat. (a e-cookie if you will)

Their have been great bands from both decades, too many blow jobs to make it a great era imo.

Upvote 0
yeah, I'm not saying that the 80s had the best musicians... just that they were better than the 90s, sure there were good 90s bands but most of what was around then was really pretty weak musicly IMO. and if you go back further than the 80s you find great music that I do enjoy and listen to. I just dig the whole cheesey 80s big hair thing... sure alot of the songs are pretty much the same, but they are catchy and the bands could actually play the instruments:D there we alot of really good players and songs in the 80s much less so in the 90s i find.

Upvote 0