• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Possible Fix for RO2 SP Lag and Stutter

ambivert

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 9, 2016
BEFORE YOU DO THIS, BE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR Win32 folder.

I just experimented with installing both RO2 SP and Redstorm GOY editions. To fix the lag I was experiencing in R02 SP I decided to backup the Win32 folder in the Red Orchestra 2 - Single Player folder and delete all of the files in Win32 except for ROGame.exe. I then went into the Red Orchestra 2 directory and copied all of the folders and files EXCEPT for the ROGame.exe into the SP Win32 directory so the SP was using the same drivers as the Rising Storm. Since I had read that everybody was experiencing lag in SP, but not MP, I thought it may be a .dll issue with PhysX or Punkbuster or some other driver.

To my surprise, this worked.

The game is like butter. I don't know if this will impact the missions, but I thought I'd post this to see if anybody else experiences the same improvement. For all I know, I may have only needed to copy the PB and physx stuff to fix the stutter.

Please post if you get similar results. We may be able to narrow the issue down file by file and find a permanent fix for this single player stutter afterall.