• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Solution] Possible artillery lag cause and workaround

FBX

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 17, 2006
Try reducing the sound quality and channels (note that menu may show it as 64 next time you look at it) and see if that improves the lag. Note that for me it seemed like there was still some hitching but this seemed to improve it a lot.

I also asked someone else to try and they noted an improvement after reducing sound quality

I can confirm this... Reducing to 8 channels in the config has stopped the sudden fps drops from artillery.... However the FPS rate is still quite sloppy, often falling below 30 with much action around (or firing the PPSH full auto while arty is dropping) even on low settings...

Rig specs:

AMD Athlon x3 445 3.1 GHz
4 GB DDR 3 RAM
XFX ATI 5770 HD 1 GB

NOTE: I also applied some settings from this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2094647
so I don't know for sure if the fix is the consequence of changing sound channels, or is connected with some of the settings there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I did the opposite - I increased the channels to 128 and that stopped the hitching for me. That said, I have an X-Fi Titanium - anyone with onboard soundcards will not be able to set the channels higher than 64 and have it work properly (and some will have to be 32 or lower).

I have an Asus Xonar D2x - the game doesn't save my selection when I try to pick anything over 32

Upvote 0
I did the opposite - I increased the channels to 128 and that stopped the hitching for me. That said, I have an X-Fi Titanium - anyone with onboard soundcards will not be able to set the channels higher than 64 and have it work properly (and some will have to be 32 or lower).

how do uou manage to rise channels, it remains always to 32....:confused:

Upvote 0

I have an Omega Claro, can't set it higher than 64.

Upvote 0