• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Posed Player Plus

RandomPerson78642

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
USA
What is Posed Player?

It is an actor that you can place on your map which will spawn a Pawn of either side in that place, holding a weapon of your choosing, in the first frame of whatever animation you pick.

Originally it was intended for performance debugging, but it is incredibly useful for making screenshots without having a crew of 20 people!

ssnl4loiwu5qvt36g.jpg

However, as you can see, your choices of Pawn/Weapon/Pose are pretty limited which makes for lousy and boring shots.

So I made my own version, that vastly expands everything. Now you can pick any Pawn, any Weapon, and any pose you want, including custom classes from mods like HOTW and IOM! (if you have them installed)

mtb6n0281ozc81l6g.jpg

DOWNLOAD

SOURCE CODE

To use, copy both folders into "..\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\", say yes if prompted to overwrite. Then under Actor Classes, you'll see RODebugPosedPlayerPlus appear under RODebugPosedPlayer. Add it to the map, set up the options, and make sure it's not colliding with anything including the ground.

Go into PIE, then type SpawnPosedPlayers into the console. Walk over to where you placed the actor, and the pawn should appear!

Last edited:
I don't see a RODebugPosedPlayerPlus in actor classes anywhere. Installed it like you said. I only see the vanilla one.

Same here, had a similar problem on a custom .u file Shepard made for airborne testing awhile back. He ended up sending me his local .int file (I think) and then the custom actor classes appeared in the Content Browser. i will double check what it was.

It had something to do with his compiling the script on his machine or something like this... sorry that is so vague.

Upvote 0
I did see his post on the subject:

STEP 1 (CORRECTION):

1.Go to Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config
2.Open ROEngine.ini
3.Scroll down until you see " [UnrealEd.EditorEngine] "
4.There add the following lines below the line "EditPackages=RSGameContent"

EditPackages=WFGame

So do that, but instead of WFGame put PosedPlayerPlus.

Meanwhile if it doesn't work I'll see if I can reproduce and fix this with my laptop.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I did see his post on the subject:

So do that, but instead of WFGame put PosedPlayerPlus.

Meanwhile if it doesn't work I'll see if I can reproduce and fix this with my laptop.

I actually tried this too, but no luck.

The file Shepard had to send me to get his custom brewed classes to appear in my Content Browser was the manifest.txt which is located here:

Code:
C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Script\Manifest.txt

Here is the reference I found on epic forums: https://forums.epicgames.com/thread...-doesn-t-show-my-Actors-on-other-people-s-PCs

Once I replaced my Manifest with his, they appeared no problem.

Upvote 0
So it is not necessary to copy the entire Manifest.txt we found. Simply find this line in your Manifest.txt:
Code:
2 RODebugPosedPlayer ROGame [P]

and Add this line under it to make it look like this:

Code:
2 RODebugPosedPlayer ROGame [P]
  [B] 3 RODebugPosedPlayerPlus PosedPlayerPlus [P][/B]

You will then find the RODebugPosedPlayerPlus Actor as a sub option to RODebugPosedPlayer in your Content Browser.

Note: Make these changes while the SDK is closed, then relaunch

Attachments

• Posed_Players.jpg
    Posed_Players.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0