• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Popsmoke games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really think popsmoke is involved in fact from what i heard that was how rising storm (the first one) came about as well. It was initially a mod being made for ro2 and tripwire was impressed so they started working with them on making it into an official expansion.

Perhaps popsmoke got tired of working on it, tripwire was impressed, and popsmoke just sold over all its work to twi. I mean does it matter, im sure even if thats not the case popsmoke and these guys can combine forces and make even more ground.

Im not complaining either way. Im glad to see tripwire take interest in non ww2 affairs. This brings them 1 step closer to ww1..........or korea, would like to see either of those as well.

Upvote 0
Anyway, thats better than Popesmoke's stuff, they're doing In Country Vietnam since 2010 and they got less progress in 5 years rather than Tripwire | Antimatter Games in 1 year(?).
Also, i suppose Tripwire has been waiting for them to realise In Country as a mod, but when Popesmoke decided to make a standalone game , Tripwire decided to make their own mod(DLC).
At least thats most ambitious news for last 2 month, moreover i enjoy GORE update from E3 2015, where every piece of guts have their own phisics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"We know this will come up a lot so we will just say that Pop Smoke is not involved with the Rising Storm Vietnam sequel; there is no In Country Vietnam content at work and to our knowledge we don't share any developers. We are separate projects.
We've been quiet over the last 4 months as we lay the groundwork for In Country on UE4 and we hope you'll like what you see when we are ready to reveal."

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pop-Smoke/101929719893253?fref=ts

Upvote 0
well when it comes down to it... i think popsmoke is dead in the water unfortunately.

There is indeed room for 2 vietnam games but they both look and feel the same way. Popsmoke has already said that there going for a gritty play experience like the red orchestra series. BUT now tripwire is doing there own title with the same premise so MOST people will just go for the bigger known company.

Tripwire idk why you did this, im sure you were aware of popsmoke and their game, but thats kinda a dick move to clearly undercut these guys who had the same idea for a title and have been working on it for years.

That being said i dont want you guys to stop working on it, rather if you guys are working on ue4, i hope that you can reach out and join forces with popsmoke as it looks like they have an already solid base on content built up.

Upvote 0
Tripwire idk why you did this, im sure you were aware of popsmoke and their game, but thats kinda a dick move to clearly undercut these guys who had the same idea for a title and have been working on it for years.

I have questions:

1. Why do you assume the Pop Smoke team and Tripwire have or had no communication between each other?

2. In Country was being worked on for nearly 4 years with not much to show, then switching engines and starting all over again, why are you behaving that both titles will come out at the same time and that it's some sinister undercutting move?

Upvote 0
I have questions:

1. Why do you assume the Pop Smoke team and Tripwire have or had no communication between each other?

2. In Country was being worked on for nearly 4 years with not much to show, then switching engines and starting all over again, why are you behaving that both titles will come out at the same time and that it's some sinister undercutting move?

well both tripwire and popsmoke have now stated that they have no affiliation with each other, so really from they way popsmoke reacted on their facebook page, they clearly had no idea this was going on either.

also the likelihood that they will come out at the same time is indeed slim to none, in fact for popsmoke to even attempt this would be development suicide, but tripwire supports their games for a long time and if there competing against popsmoke there is no doubt they will prob keep adding stuff to keep their players in rs2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
as it looks like they have an already solid base on content built up.

There's a solid base of content? I remember a few screenies ages ago and I haven't seen a thing since they announced the switch to UE4. There's zip on their own website, they don't even post in their own forums.

TWI has zero obligation to cooperate with any mod team, share ideas or whatever. It's not like IC "owns" the concept of a game in Vietnam.....

Upvote 0
well when it comes down to it... i think popsmoke is dead in the water unfortunately.

There is indeed room for 2 vietnam games but they both look and feel the same way. Popsmoke has already said that there going for a gritty play experience like the red orchestra series. BUT now tripwire is doing there own title with the same premise so MOST people will just go for the bigger known company.

That being said i dont want you guys to stop working on it, rather if you guys are working on ue4, i hope that you can reach out and join forces with popsmoke as it looks like they have an already solid base on content built up.

Lol what undercutt?
Popsmoke has already said that there going for a gritty play experience like the red orchestra series.
They might said that when they were doing a MOD, but they're doing a standalone game, there is no violations of business conduct, and in the interest of Tripwire to do what they want to do. There is no connection between "In Country Vietnam" and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.
It all different games and the concept of first one can move away from the sources of the series Red Orchestra.

Upvote 0
well really as you see it popsmoke games were very quiet, not posting much info and nothing there, twi must of seen how much people wanted a vietnam game and thought it was a good idea to make one.
i don't mind that there's incountry vietnam and rising storm 2 as now we have a competition which i can't wait to see which ends up being better.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.