• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Poll: Suicidal Satchel Assault - Yes or No

Poll: Suicidal Satchel Assault - Yes or No

• Yes, the programers included the capability so it should be used as often as a player wishes.

Votes: 98 38.7%
  • No, it occurred very rarely, is not realistic, and antagonizes a large part of the community.

Votes: 155 61.3%

• Total voters
I think it's ok in situations when you know you have no chanse to survive. If i was in this situation and i had a satchel i'd definitely use it. If they wanna kill me, i'll make 'em pay for it and it also helps my team. But it shouldn't be used as an offensive tactic. Well i must admit i did it with other games, yelling KAMIKAZEE or FOR ALLAH!! while running at my target but in RO it would just be a really stupid move. It'd ruin the atmosphere and the general gameplay for my enemies so i just use common sense. In RO i always act like i would in real life.

Upvote 0
People don't usually try to die with the satchel, but sometimes they pull the ripcord early, fearing getting shot, and then run a lengthy distance hoping to get the satchel close enough to kill the tank. At this point, whether the saper escapes the blast or not doesn't really matter because killing 2 or 3 enemies and taking a tank out of the emmediate battle is worth more than 1 saper's life.

Personally I try to run up to the tank unnoticed, throw the satchel ON the tank incase it drives away, and then run for cover, and I still get cursed out for being a WTFCOCKFGT and ruining their cannon-sniping.

Upvote 0
I love being sapper, simply because theres nothing better suicidally charging into a tank throwing a satchel at it then running away while theres bullets flying past ur head and surviving!!
although this rarely happens and you die 90% of the time i dont think these suicidal sappers would like to die, they just dont care if they do!

my opinion is, dont get yourselves so worked up about it... theres more important things in life than to be upset about how someone plays on a pc game

Upvote 0
People don't usually try to die with the satchel, but sometimes they pull the ripcord early, fearing getting shot, and then run a lengthy distance hoping to get the satchel close enough to kill the tank. At this point, whether the saper escapes the blast or not doesn't really matter because killing 2 or 3 enemies and taking a tank out of the emmediate battle is worth more than 1 saper's life.

Kinda like in the final battle in Saving Private Ryan, when one soldier is running whit a "Sticky Bomb" (A GI sock, filled whit TNT and covered whit oil or something sticky) but waits to long and blows himself up when he is trying to attach it to the tank...

Anyway, i dont like the suicide attackers, mostly becouse they often kill more teammates than enemies. They often runs in in the enemy lines, throwing the satchel and gets shot, some of the teammates follow him in order to break through, right into the satchel, whit most of the enemies has seen and run away from by the time the teammates has arrived, and then they're blown to oblivion.

Upvote 0