• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Poll: Suicidal Satchel Assault - Yes or No

Poll: Suicidal Satchel Assault - Yes or No

• Yes, the programers included the capability so it should be used as often as a player wishes.

Votes: 98 38.7%
  • No, it occurred very rarely, is not realistic, and antagonizes a large part of the community.

Votes: 155 61.3%

• Total voters

Musketeer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2006
There has been an ongoing discussion on people using a satchel in a suicide attack to get multiple enemies. We see this used both against infantry and armor.

Some have said it is a valid tactic that fits in with the game and was used in WWII. I have the opinion that suicide attacks did happen in WWII but they were very rare and the frequency in which they are used by some members of the community stinks of cheesy gaming. What do you all say.

I realy don't care... I won't vote.

If they take it away, then so be it, if they leave it in the game, then so be it aswell.

The fact that not everyone gets a satchell charge means not everyone is going to be doing it. Anyone can abuse any form of weaponry, wether it be using the satchel charge to tk, or using a live nade to accomplish the same thing.

Its is up to the admin to kick out abusive players.

I don't see how these actions can be cheesy, when only a small handfull of players in a server get the satchell charges. For crying out loud its a guy running into the open. If you have the slightest of skill you should be able to kill him.

If they do the objective and don't tk you, I realy don't see the problem.

w/e

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I play as german zapper 98% of the time, and use the satchel without killing myself, BUT there are some situations (rare ones) in wich you are just doomed, you are already dead, so in that case, I grab my satchel and try to take with me as many Ivans I can, IRL it happend, pretty often? guess not, but who really knows that?, loyalty and fanatism mixed together equals a big boom.

BUT I hate to see some jackasses who just go full frontal and boom, thats just the way they play, thats not the way, its a last resort.

Upvote 0
Who cares. Non-issue. If it happens to bug you, then play on a server that enforces whatever their version of 'realistic tactics' happens to be (i.e. a realism server). Pubs will be pubs.

You'll never catch me using the suicide satchel move, but I do use them in certain situations as big grenades, or distractions, or smokescreens. Satchels are handy tools on the battlefield.

Upvote 0
REZ said:
Who cares. Non-issue. If it happens to bug you, then play on a server that enforces whatever their version of 'realistic tactics' happens to be (i.e. a realism server). Pubs will be pubs.

You'll never catch me using the suicide satchel move, but I do use them in certain situations as big grenades, or distractions, or smokescreens. Satchels are handy tools on the battlefield.

You read my mind.

Upvote 0
Tank riding should be introduced on bigger maps however (both sides used it).

On Orel you can move your tank beside a sandbang and have everyone jump on, I did this once because my two squad mates were driver and gunner and I would have to be the hull gunner and be bored to hell, so I decided to jump on top so I could actually have a view, and if I saw a tank I would get inside. But you shouldn't have 10 guys on top of your tank on OREL, those 10 guys need to be in their own tank.

Upvote 0
This is a ridiculous poll...it's very easy to misconstrue the situation of a player assaulting with a satchel charge. For one, you usually have to get in close whether by chase or crawl and wait for a position to apply. Either way you're going to have to find some cover as the charge has mondo blast range. With that said, the blast effectiveness of the charge itself, imo, is modeled just fine. I've had charges go off and only damaging a tank...it's all about placement! Next, if that were the goal of a player to run suicidal satchel, how long before that player just quits the game entirely? Doesn't sound like a game I could play or find "fun" if all I was skilled in was dying and maybe taking someone with me. Sounds like noobs to me who are doing this and I'm sure they'll grow out of it or move on to another game. I wouldn't advise kicking, banning, or otherwise...if you're one of those who believe so then you need to remember that this is a game and only a game. :)

Upvote 0