• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

POLL: Should being shot make it hard to return fire immediately?

POLL: Should being shot make it hard to return fire immediately?

• Yes.

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • No.

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters

Calumhm

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 22, 2009
Plymouth, England
Too many times in RO2 have I been shot, for example, in the hands or maybe a non-critical hit to the stomach or lungs, and then somehow I'm able to take aim and shoot back accurately BEFORE I even bandage!

Surely if you take a serious wound to the hand/arm, or a fairly dangerous hit in the gut/chest, you're not instantly able to make effective, accurate return fire?

I say there needs to be a new mechanic which makes it harder to return fire immediately after a hit. This could be variable depending on how severe the hit is, but honestly I think being hit ANYWHERE would impair you at least for a moment!

Should also probably knock you down if hit with something big enough. If shot in the legs should probably be forced prone or something more extreme. ANd your dude should probably be crying like a baby. :D
I support the crying etc and being forced out of the IS / shaky view and maybe even dropping your weapon if your hand gets hit (but TWI has to fix the 'can't pick stuff up' bug (including the floating grenade) first)

but being forced to the ground is going to be bugged as hell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The human body and how it responds to trauma is a funny thing, and there are more than enough real world examples of people often being shot and not realizing it has happened until several seconds (if not minutes) after the fact due to the effects of adrenaline etc.

Getting shot (or just shot at) in the game already throws your aim around/off at the immediate moment so I would say this is a point for which there is less room for argument as far as how the game should model the damage beyond perhaps having higher chances of being rendered unable to aim at all/poorly when taking more critical arm wounds, to the point of essential incapacitation because you're no longer combat-effective.

Of course, then people will complain of people "dying" because they are shot in the arm....

Upvote 0