• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Polish Collector's Edition - WoW!

Yes, this is quite legit. 1C are the publisher/distributor for the world outside North America. Cenega is their subsidiary in Poland - and the Poles have been one of the largest buyers of boxed copies of RO1 over the years (it has been suggested that it is something to do with the fact that they get to kill Germans AND Russians in one game).

1C ran this by us - I told them firstly that NO copies with Enemy at the Gates ever go near Russia (we'll be lynched) and, secondly, we want a bunch sent to the office in Roswell!

Upvote 0
Yes, this is quite legit. 1C are the publisher/distributor for the world outside North America. Cenega is their subsidiary in Poland - and the Poles have been one of the largest buyers of boxed copies of RO1 over the years (it has been suggested that it is something to do with the fact that they get to kill Germans AND Russians in one game).

Had a good laugh at that one.

Hopefully some details about a North American collector's edition will be coming out soon. It would be helpful for me to have an idea if I can afford the collector's edition, and also whether I could pick it up at a Best Buy or some other retailer.

Upvote 0
the Poles have been one of the largest buyers of boxed copies of RO1 over the years (it has been suggested that it is something to do with the fact that they get to kill Germans AND Russians in one game).

Haha, nice one:D

But seriously, I expect something like that here in the Netherlands.
Wanna try the exclusive in-game Mosin-nagant 91/30 with 71 drum mag.

Of course that's for collectors edition purchases only:IS2:

[yes, i am jealous already]

Reactions: echutter
Upvote 0
Haha, nice one:D

But seriously, I expect something like that here in the Netherlands.
Wanna try the exclusive in-game Mosin-nagant 91/30 with 71 drum mag.

Of course that's for collectors edition purchases only:IS2:

[yes, i am jealous already]

The netherlands probably got the lowest amount of sales, as It was never sold here officially until iceberg started publishing roost. And even then haven't seen roost in the stores.

Upvote 0
Pretty nice selection for a CE, is this the first time a game has been released with a 'major' film as an extra? A historic documentary DVD would have been kinda cool though. No big reference/tactics book though :(:D

Looks good but the T34 models raises just one question!

wot no IS2?/IMG][/QUOTE]

Haha I was thinking to myself just as I scrolled down and saw your post :p :IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seeing Enemy at the gates put in a Red Orchestra game special edition is... wtf :confused:
So many better choices, why not indeed Stalingrad or something?
I can see it now: tons of new people online over VOIP demanding people use 'proper' tactics by setting up NKVD blocking squads for the Soviets "because that's what really happened, the Russians are demonic orc satanists, i saw it in the movie that came with the game!"
People might be led to believe it's actually authentic, it's worrying me lol.
We'd best have a squad of historians on standby to intercept :eek:

Other than that, great news on a Collectors Edition, all the other stuff is great imo.

EDIT:
Question: if i was to order the Polish special edition (if there is nothing planned for the Netherlands) would that in any way change the game? Would i be forced to play with the Polish language? :p
I actually had that happen once when i was in Poland. Bought a game after having asked if it was in English, got told that yes, it had English in it... only to turn out there was a bit of English in the booklet that came with the game, while the actual game was in Polish lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for info Apos. I like it but the price of CE is a bit hight IMHO.

He he he good one Wilsonman. And yes, there is something in this theory ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
LOL Wilson, I totally agree on the Enemy at the Gates not going over well in Russia. That said, don't hate on the movie -- as far as movies go, it has a good, if largely fictional, story and is entertaining, and I think it does get the general concept of the type of battle Stalingrad was, even if it fails on many specific major historical accuracy details, and features the typical over-the-top Hollywood-style cheese :D

Overall, the package looks pretty slick. I'm looking forward to what TWI dreams up for their "official" collectors edition that everyone else has as an option. And I'm all in favor of an IS-2 model ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0